Sign in to follow this  
Dwaohio

Autopilot

I am so disappointed that the Carenado 172SP doesn't have a autopilot.  Who would put a G1000 in their 172 and then leave out a autopilot to use the functions of the G1000.  I know you cane use keyboard commands but that isn't realistic and takes away from the realism.  Has anyone installed a autopilot into the Carenado 172SP. I don't know what Carenado was thinking when they left out the autopilot.  Please email me how you did it. 

Thanks

Dave

Dwaohio@gmail.com

I don't have this aircraft but I was hoping by now you would have a response re the lack of AP. I was considering this solely for the G1000, but the AP issue is a non-starter. Have you tried the F1 T182 w/ G1000? It's a little dated and the last I checked is still n/a for P3Dv4.1. 

On ‎22‎-‎12‎-‎2017 at 7:23 PM, Dwaohio said:

I am so disappointed that the Carenado 172SP doesn't have a autopilot.  Who would put a G1000 in their 172 and then leave out a autopilot to use the functions of the G1000.  I know you cane use keyboard commands but that isn't realistic and takes away from the realism.  Has anyone installed a autopilot into the Carenado 172SP. I don't know what Carenado was thinking when they left out the autopilot.  Please email me how you did it. 

Thanks

Dave

Dwaohio@gmail.com

Which Carenado C172 are writing about?

My Carenado C172SP SKYHAWK G1000 has the autopilot built in the G1000 and works OK.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

11 minutes ago, Vindeballe said:

My Carenado C172SP SKYHAWK G1000 has the autopilot built in the G1000 and works OK.

Confirmed, the 'missing' AP  is one of the weirdest complaints in a long time.:laugh: