Sign in to follow this  
whamil77

C90GTX Modifications v1.0

I have made some modifications to the C90GTX.  See description below.  PM me for a link if you would like to try it.  Also include an email address for subsequent updates.

V1.0 (Dec 22, 2017)

Changes:
1.  Added TO/GA button to VC autopilot panel.
2.  FDE changes to reduce abruptness in flight controls and power levers.
3.  Updated engine start sequence with XMLTools.
4.  Contact point changes.
5.  Upgraded performance to match factory C90GTX.
6.  Corrected AUTOFEATHER arming function.
7.  Corrected starter/generator logic.
8.  Reduced instrument panel glare at night.
9.  Added Raymar's clickspots to EFIS bezel (same as Cessna CJ2 but not marked)
10. Added throttle and prop matching routine.
11. Included optional Torque Limiter (fictional for this airplane)
12. Updated sound.cfg
13. Added Bert's antiskid
14. Can be used with either panel, Bert's GTN or the original Carenado ProLine 21. 

Info:

1.  The TO/GA button is ficticious but most don't have a TO/GA button on their simulator throttle.  It is an easy and quick way to access the TO/GA function with the mouse.  Simply click on the button and the Flight Director (FD) will automatically command 8 degrees nose up pitch, select the current aircraft heading on the heading bug and command the FD to that heading.  Great for instrument takeoffs and missed approaches.

2.  The FDE changes are subtle but remove some of the abruptness often seen in Carenado FDEs.

3.  The engine start sequence is very close to real world with no more runaway engines after start.

4.  Contact points were adjusted to eliminate touchdown on landing occurring several inches above the ground.

5.  The performance from 20-23K' almost exactly matches the C90GTX POH and Raisbeck's POH for the -135 engine.  

6.  The AUTOFEATHER arming logic was flawed in the original, corrected here.

7.  The starter generator logic was flawed in the original.  The single component was allowed to provide generator power and start the engines at the same time in the original.  Corrected here.  Engaging a starter will disable its generator function.

8.  The instrument panel glare was unrealistic at night.  Corrected.

9.  Convenient clickspots taken from the CJ2 mod are added but not marked.  

10. A routine was added to match power levers and propeller levers when they are already closely matched.  The routine occasionally causes some twitching in the #2 power lever and #2 prop lever as the algorithm searches for the perfect match.  Many folks choose not to use this, but it is nice if you have noisy controllers or otherwise don't like the abysmal PID controllers on FSX/P3D turboprop engines.  If you wish to remove it simply comment out or delete the "Gauge_UPDATE_THROTTLE" entry in the panel.cfg file.  

11. For the same reasons stated in #10, an optional torque limiter is provided as a second .air file.  It is used in the "White" textured model but may be used by any model by changing the "sim=" entry in the aircraft.cfg file.  When using the torque limiter version the power levers may be pushed all the way up and the torque will be automatically limited.

12. Small changes to the sound files including mainly start and reverse.  

13. Antiskid keeps the ugly tire marks off the runway.

14. Configurations for both panels included.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi Bill,

LOL - you might as well CC me on all you do... I'm in... Thanks so much...

:laugh:

Dang - thought this was a PM... Arrgh...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Please, B90 is one of the best aircraft done in his time, PM me, thanks.

Thx for the PM ;-) 

try it with pleasure... Asap

Hi Bill,

Same here! I have been enjoying your previous mods and look forward to this one as well. Thanks for making these available for us and you have my e-mail address.

Ray

Hi Bill,

Installed your mod version 1--did several flights and over all I am enjoying your mods. Really like the ground handling (taxi) a lot better and the night texture change, much better. Throttle response is better as well. Thanks for the Torque Limiter option--very helpful for us who may forget to monitor this engine setting. Two questions:

--The Toggles sub-folder: already have that in the main P3D gauge folder from your previous mod for the 690B. Both "Toggles" the same?

--The "SFds"--with your mod installed, I noticed the On\Off switch will not toggle off--always stays on unless the Avionic's master switch is turned off. Is that by design? Read through your "readme" material and could not find anything mentioned about this change.

Again, thanks for your work on this--makes this aircraft a lot more enjoyable to fly and taxi.

Ray

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, raymie said:

Hi Bill,

Installed your mod version 1--did several flights and over all I am enjoying your mods. Really like the ground handling (taxi) a lot better and the night texture change, much better. Throttle response is better as well. Thanks for the Torque Limiter option--very helpful for us who may forget to monitor this engine setting. Two questions:

--The Toggles sub-folder: already have that in the main P3D gauge folder from your previous mod for the 690B. Both "Toggles" the same?

--The "SFds"--with your mod installed, I noticed the On\Off switch will not toggle off--always stays on unless the Avionic's master switch is turned off. Is that by design? Read through your "readme" material and could not find anything mentioned about this change.

Again, thanks for your work on this--makes this aircraft a lot more enjoyable to fly and taxi.

Ray

The TOGGLES folder should be the same.  Best just to merge the two and overwrite anything that asks.

I forgot about the switches.  I had made a Config file to keep some of the switches on since cold starts were a complete drag with the engines spinning up to full throttle and the airplane spinning around and around on the ground.  Anyway......

You can go to the panel.cfg file and comment out or delete the following entry to restore the SFDS, Cabin Temp Mode, and Rudder Boost switches to the Carenado default positions. 

"Gauge20=C90GTXCustom!C90GTXConfig, 0,0,1,1"

Here’s a little mod. I made:

Converted the FMS to WX Advantage radar (twin radars) if you have it.

Otherwise, you could use the Roland’s radar.

The line below in Bold is the only line to change in the “panel.GTN”

[Vcockpit04]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=512,512

visible=0

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=FMS_6000_C90GTX!FMC_6000_config,  0,0,  1,  1

//gauge01=FMS_6000_C90GTX!FMC_6000,                          0,0,464,512

gauge01 = MV_WX!WX, 70,40,308,270

gauge02=C90GTXCustom!Antiskid, 0,0,1,1

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Pierre

1 hour ago, ppo said:

Here’s a little mod. I made:

Converted the FMS to WX Advantage radar (twin radars) if you have it.

Otherwise, you could use the Roland’s radar.

The line below in Bold is the only line to change in the “panel.GTN”

[Vcockpit04]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=512,512

visible=0

pixel_size=512,512

texture=$Panel_4

//gauge00=FMS_6000_C90GTX!FMC_6000_config,  0,0,  1,  1

//gauge01=FMS_6000_C90GTX!FMC_6000,                          0,0,464,512

gauge01 = MV_WX!WX, 70,40,308,270

gauge02=C90GTXCustom!Antiskid, 0,0,1,1

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Now if they'll just make the WXAdvantage Radar compatible with P3Dv4...........

Here is how it looks like in P3Dv3.4.22.

Should be working in P3Dv4.17 which I will test later

Cheers,

QstQD3U.jpg

Pierre