Sign in to follow this  
Pilotdude3407

Fuel loading issue with a certain failure (Need your help)

All,

I am getting this weird behavior out of the airplane that I discovered when I got a failure.  Can any of you see if you can replicate or is this my issue?

With APU AC PUMP 3 (under fuel failures) failed, my fuel load goes to 203K and will not move.  If I have 70K on there, it will jump to 203K.  Also, despite fuel dumping, the gauge never comes off of 203K.  For continuity sake, I am flying the Delta livery from PMDG.

*Also, this is with FSX and even trying CLD and DRK start to make sure my panel states weren't corrupt.

I haven't hard of this issue before, but I will look into it on my system and see if I'm experiencing the same.

After conducting a test flight, I can confirm that the fuel load does indeed jump to 203k from 70k with that failure active.

9 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

After conducting a test flight, I can confirm that the fuel load does indeed jump to 203k from 70k with that failure active.

Great, so I'm not crazy...now, is it a BUG or did they build it like that for some reason.  I'm thinking it is a bug.  Support ticket will be forthcoming.

Just now, Pilotdude3407 said:

Great, so I'm not crazy...now, is it a BUG or did they build it like that for some reason.  I'm thinking it is a bug.  Support ticket will be forthcoming.

I've submitted a ticket.

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

I've submitted a ticket.

Then I don't see a reason to as well.  I also think it affects several other systems as I had a list of weird stuff going on.  I just figured it needed to be reset.

Just now, Pilotdude3407 said:

Then I don't see a reason to as well.  I also think it affects several other systems as I had a list of weird stuff going on.  I just figured it needed to be reset.

I have a video of it happening but it wouldn't let me upload it, other than that I've submitted all the information on it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

21 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Gents,

Interesting.  I will take a look at it next week and see if I can reproduce.

No need Robert, your wonderful support team reproduced the problem within hours of the ticket being submitted and have advised the dev team! You’ve got some real all-stars over there!

• Upvote 2

John,

AHAHAHAHA.  But **I AM** the developer he sent the ticket to.  :ph34r:

I finally got around to investigating this today.  Turns out it was a relatively simple error in the method that protects the fuel tank from going over max volume or less than minimum volume for the crossover line that feeds the APU in the newer design fuel system.

Is fixed on the code side now- and will make the next product update, which isn't far away.  (Next week sometime i THINK...)

Good find, John- thanks for bringing it to my attention!

• Upvote 1

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

7 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

Turns out it was a relatively simple error in the method that protects the fuel tank from going over max volume or less than minimum volume for the crossover line that feeds the APU in the newer design fuel system.

It was the what for the who now?:blink::huh:

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

18 hours ago, rsrandazzo said:

(Next week sometime i THINK...)

PMDG giving release dates? Who are you and what have you done with Robert?:biggrin:

20 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

John,

They increased the dosage via the IV drip.  :laugh:

So that's all it took, after all these years of being close to the vest with release dates? Must be some good stuff they're giving you!:biggrin: