Sign in to follow this  
barramundilure

FSX Crashing with B777 and FSDT

Hi Everyone, I am recently having terrible issues with FSX when running FSDT scenery and PMDG B777 over the last few months.  I suspect it may be something to do with my sceneries because a can do FSX flights with my B777 to non FSDT sceneries but every time I load and try a flight to or from the FSDT scenery FSX crashes while in my preflight with no warning.  I can do flights in the PMDG B737 with no issue in and out of FSDT sceneries - its all very odd, and extremely frustrating.

Never had issues until a month or so ago.

Is anybody else seeing this?

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

In order to know for sure whether it is FSDT or something else, you need to send us an AppCrashView Report and Event Viewer Report (see AVSIM CTD Guide, page 7 - link in my signature).  FSDT sceneries contain a lot of eye-candy so you have to be more than cautious when flying in and out of one of their airports.  High fsx.cfg and/or display driver settings will bring your sim down in a flash.  Any tweaks to the FSX.cfg may cause the sim to crash too.

The PMDG 777 definitely uses more resources than the PMDG 737.  The AVSIM CTD Guide tells you have to fix most CTD's and freezes when using FSX.  It also tells you that you must have a certain version of the uiautomationcore.dll in the main FSX (boxed only) folder if you are running Windows 10.  Can't tell whether you are or not as you did not indicate any specs.  The guide provides a link to the download if you do not have it already.  DTG already installed a version for FSX-SE users.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim

Thanks for your reply.

Just a couple of things, firstly is that I have been using the PMDG B777 in FSX since it first came out some years ago and are familiar with its VAS usage as too am i familiar with the taxing nature of sceneries like FSDT KLAX.

I have been able to find a balance in my system for a number of years.  This seems very different and started about a month or six weeks ago.  Any time i use the PMDG B777 and also use FSDT sceneries I get a crash about 15 minutes into it on the ground while pre flighting the aircraft.  

As mentioned the PMDG B737 is not causing the same issues and I just completed a 7 1/2 hour flight from YSSY to WSSS with Orbx Au scenery and Fly Tampa YSSY active along with a less taxing WSSS scenery.

I also use ASN live weather. 

Its a pity this link has been moved in a CTD  as I was looking to see if others using FSX were having the same or similar issues.

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

have  you posted  your  issues  in the  fsdt  forum ,  you said  it  started  5  weeks  ago  so  you  added  some  thing  to  your  pc  or  done  some  thing  else  which is  causing  your  issues   havnt  had  any of  your  issues.  Just a  thought  might not  work  have  you tried  to install the latest  addon manager  from  the  fsdt   page

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, barramundilure said:

Its a pity this link has been moved in a CTD  as I was looking to see if others using FSX were having the same or similar issues.

At AVSIM, this is the place where CTD's are posted.  A lot of time members try to use the FSX and P3D Forums as a soapbox to complain about a product when thousands of others are successfully using the product without a problem.  This is one reason why we set up a special forum for CTD's/Freezes.  I think most members will come to the CTD Forums if they have a problem.  You have not provided any information to the community as to what was the faulting module that caused your crash.  If it was the couatl.dll, then you need to post your issue with FSDT.  If it was a ntdll.dll that caused your crash then it was not caused by FSDT or PMDG but your high settings.  As you know, FSX is an old engine over 10 years old.  I even have problems with the PMDG 777 and FlightBeam's KIAD.  I fly from KORD to KIAD in the PMDG 777 with AS16 and I barely am able to land as the amount of VAS has dropped to less than 500 MB's on approach.  The approach phase is the most crucial part of the trip with FSX.  You will have plenty of VAS on takeoff and during the trip but landing is almost impossible if it was a long trip.  This is a known issue but I have solved it by turning off AS16, by disabling any MegaScenery.  I also monitor my VAS and, if it is getting low, I'll click on Options and wait a few seconds then then go back to the flight.  That usually gives me more VAS.  Sometimes I have had to open up the settings/traffic and disable traffic in order to land.  It is an ugly experience so now I mostly stay away from the 777 for these flights and use the 737 as it is more friendly with my FSX sessions.    Since the installation of P3DV4.1, I now use it exclusively for my use of the 777 and any FSDT/FlightBeam airports.  I have not reinstalled the 777 into FSX.  Here's a flight I took from FlightBeam's KSFO to Orbx KSAN in the PMDG 737:

Minimum frame rate was 11.0 fps, Maximum was 89.5 fps
Minimum available memory recorded was 309Mb
Average frame rate for running time of 3164 secs = 28.4 fps
G3D fix: Passes 556509, Null pointers 0, Bad pointers 18, Separate instances 6
Maximum AI traffic for session was 294 aircraft

Although the amount of VAS was only 309 MB's I still was able to land and taxi to the gate.  I know how frustrating it is to fly for more than 2 hours only to have a crash at the end but there is no solution to that other than to really lower your settings or reduce the flight time.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10