Sign in to follow this  
DannyR

No Traffic on GTN 750

I have the latest version of the GTN 750 installed as a pop-up gauge in a Cerasim UH-60L.  Everything appears to work except I can not get traffic to appear on the map.  When I go to the home page the traffic icon is greyed out/not selectable.  I can see the traffic from my VR cockpit so I know the AI traffic is being injected.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Danny

Danny

Have you selected the "Use Ryan TCAD" option in the RXP GTN Setup pop up menu (shift + right click on top edge of the GTN)?

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I have tried to use the shift + right click on the top edge of the GTN, but, nothing happens.  I assume you do the shift + right click with the gauge open in the simulator?  I tried to use the Garmin Trainer as well, but, couldn't get the gauge to do anything after clicking the power on button on the trainer.

Danny

Danny

Hi Danny, are you running full screen? Can you try in window mode eventually and compare?

The correct clickspot is the top edge of the gauge (above the screen), or roughly the top 1/6 of the gauge height if 'nobezel'.

When depressing the SHIFT key, while keeping it depressed, and moving the mouse cursor over the aforementioned region, it should turn into a hand shaped cursor.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Not in full screen.  Tried in the VR cockpit started with FlyInside, but, didn't work.  Tried in windowed cockpit started with just P3D.exe, was able to get to setup menu with shift + right click.  So, for those using VR, it appears they will need to access the setup (shift + Right click) outside the VR environment. 

After selecting Use Ryan TCAD and selecting Traffic in the map menu, I still don't have traffic displayed on the map or the traffic display.

As for the Trainer, when I run the trainer and click the power on button, the 750 comes on screen, but, nothing is displayed on its screen.  This is without the sim running.  Is the trainer supposed to allow me to work with the 750's menus?

Danny

Danny

It is normal the settings don't show while in VR, because they display in their own Windows OS window, outside the simulator. Well, I'd guess this is the reason why.

As for the traffic, you'd have to also make sure your in-device TCAD settings (SHIELD) and display range are properly encompassing the actual targets in-sim for them to show.

As for the trainer standalone it might just tell there might be an installation problem from the get go?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Danny, are you starting the trainer from the "Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe" executable in the Launcher folder?  On my system it is in

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\RXP GTN_Trainers\Launcher\

Also, it will not run correctly  if you have running in an RXP gauge in a running simulator.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Ffpilot:  Yes, I start using the exe in the launcher folder.  I dont have the sim running.  May need to download and install manually.

RXP:  I ensured the range was large enough to include the traffic.  I'll check the shield setting tomorrow with manual and see what happens.

Have a good evening.

Danny

Danny

1 hour ago, DannyR said:

Ffpilot:  Yes, I start using the exe in the launcher folder.  I dont have the sim running.  May need to download and install manually.

RXP:  I ensured the range was large enough to include the traffic.  I'll check the shield setting tomorrow with manual and see what happens.

Have a good evening.

Danny

Were you up and flying? I believe the traffic shown is within some boundaries of altitude.  If I am sitting on the tarmac I see no traffic.

• Upvote 1

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Interestingly enough, I was on the ground.  I expected the traffic would show even while on the ground, much like it does in LittleNav Map and Plan G.  I did try to select the "Ground Mode" traffic page, but, it would not stay selected.  Will get on a flight this morning and try again.  By the way, what does the "Ground Mode" provide?

Danny

Danny

[from one of the Ryan TCAD manual found with a simple google search with 'Ryan TCAD Ground Mode']

GROUND MODE

When the host aircraft is on the ground, traffic taxiing or parked nearby can transmit replies. To avoid nuisance indications on the ground, a special feature of the Terminal Mode, called the Ground Mode, can be automatically activated. The airspace monitored in the Ground Mode is about half the size of the programmed Terminal shield. Traffic at and below 100 feet above the host elevation will not be displayed. Alert tones are also muted. Thus data available from aircraft in the air are displayed, and those identified as on the ground are not displayed.
The Ground Mode is activated automatically upon initialization. The display shows the letter “G” in the mode cell, and the small letter “M” is displayed indicating that the alert tones are muted.

Transition from Ground Mode to Terminal Mode occurs after takeoff. When the host aircraft climbs more than 200 feet, the alert tones are restored (the “M” disappears from the display). Additionally, as the aircraft climbs, the Ground Mode shield dimensions expand by holding the base of the shield at 200 feet above the departure elevation, and allowing the top of the shield to climb as the aircraft
climbs. The monitored airspace expands until the Terminal Mode shield size is reached. Then the “G” in the Mode cell changes to indicate Terminal Mode. A transition symbol of “DP”, for departure is shown in the Mode cell during the transition from the 200 foot level to the full dimension of the Terminal shield.

The Reality XP embedded Ryan TCAD tries to simulate this a close as possible within some imposed limitations of FltSim itself.

Thanks.  I appreciate the information on the Ryan TCAD.  I didn't search the web.  I thought because you included it in your gauge that you would also have provided a manual or user information.  I have downloaded the user manual and will refer to it for additional information.  There does seem to be an problem with the installation of  the Trainer.  I did get the Trainer to work correctly one time by re-running the installer.  After that one instance, the trainer would not power up the GTN 750.  I added a flight display and that powered on fine.  I went to Garmin website and downloaded the GTN trainer and reinstalled.  After reinstall the trainer still will not power up the GTN 750 display.  I did a flight this morning and the gauge worked fine.  Still working on getting the Trainer to work correctly.

Thanks for the information and assistance.

Danny 

Danny

Do you mean it ALWAYS work in-sim (when under our add-on control) but not standalone, or, do you mean it has worked only once in-sim (gauge)? I'm kinda lost?!!?

Sorry for not being clearer.  The gauge works while in the sim.  It does not work when trying to use the Trainer.

Danny

Danny

You might want to contact Garmin's Tech support then, but most likely I'd think you need to review your firewall settings and let any Garmin .exe through.