Sign in to follow this  
airernie

Looking to get X-Plane 11

Thanks for the guidance.  I took the plunge and picked it up on Steam, then started the install and went to bed. :smile:

Have to work today, so most of the setup will wait, but I'm sure the boards will feel the heat of my searches once I get going. 

Ernie

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

For those having trouble with XP 10 or even 9 planes, generally if you open the plane in XP11 planemaker just open save and close, they will pretty much work in XP11. If you do this with a XP9 plane first open save and close in XP 10 planemaker, then in XP 11 planemaker. Not every XP 9 plane will work, but some of them do. I have a plane made for XP 9.6 that works beautifully in XP 11.20VR.  That is the T34 Mentor from J. Rollon. Wonderful plane. 

51 minutes ago, wb5okj said:

For those having trouble with XP 10 or even 9 planes, generally if you open the plane in XP11 planemaker just open save and close, they will pretty much work in XP11. If you do this with a XP9 plane first open save and close in XP 10 planemaker, then in XP 11 planemaker. Not every XP 9 plane will work, but some of them do. I have a plane made for XP 9.6 that works beautifully in XP 11.20VR.  That is the T34 Mentor from J. Rollon. Wonderful plane. 

FYI, this is more likely to work well with v9 and v10 piston engine planes. Austin made some major changes to turboprops that can cause issues like engine fires, ITT weirdness, or failure to cold-start with v9 or v10 turboprop plane models.

Depending on how the model was designed, you may be able to go into the engine page in Planemaker and make adjustments, but it will be different for every plane. It's definitely worth trying a v9 or v10 plane using the method above, if you already own the model. Just be careful about buying payware models, especially turboprops, and make sure they're 100% updated for XP11.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

4 hours ago, Paraffin said:

FYI, this is more likely to work well with v9 and v10 piston engine planes. Austin made some major changes to turboprops that can cause issues like engine fires, ITT weirdness, or failure to cold-start with v9 or v10 turboprop plane models.

Depending on how the model was designed, you may be able to go into the engine page in Planemaker and make adjustments, but it will be different for every plane. It's definitely worth trying a v9 or v10 plane using the method above, if you already own the model. Just be careful about buying payware models, especially turboprops, and make sure they're 100% updated for XP11.

What he said, turbo props went through a few changes in the life of the betas even the updated 11 ones need updating so i wouldnt be bothered getting the xplane 10 ver, most of them are over powered and some have itt issues. USeing xplane 11 plane maker add some other opt in changes that can make it worse.

On ‎2018‎. ‎01‎. ‎07‎. at 1:45 PM, Robert Markusic said:

Just can say that I had much less issues in FSX original then steam edition. 

No difference between the Steam X-Plane 11 and Digital XP11... These are same.