Sign in to follow this  
cneuwirth

Any good 737-400 addons for P3D V4??

I searched the forum and could not find anything so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I currently fly for a virtual airline who has some really cool routes available for the 737-400. Is anyone aware of any 737-400 models developed/ being developed for P3D v4? I downloaded a freeware version which is pretty decent considering it's free, but unfortunately all  the weight/balance and performance characteristics are the same as the default MSFS 737-800- and I'd also like something with a good FMS. I know Wilco has a 737 series that includes the -400 but it is not compatible with v4. I have not been able to find anything so I was wondering if anyone knew of any developers that had one available or had one in the works. I guess I'll use my trusty PMDG 737-800 for now, but for full immersion I really prefer to fly the routes with the assigned model...  Thanks in advance for any help!

Chris  

QualityWings was making one but they cancelled it. Other than that, none that I’m aware of.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, cneuwirth said:

I searched the forum and could not find anything so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered. I currently fly for a virtual airline who has some really cool routes available for the 737-400. Is anyone aware of any 737-400 models developed/ being developed for P3D v4? I downloaded a freeware version which is pretty decent considering it's free, but unfortunately all  the weight/balance and performance characteristics are the same as the default MSFS 737-800- and I'd also like something with a good FMS. I know Wilco has a 737 series that includes the -400 but it is not compatible with v4. I have not been able to find anything so I was wondering if anyone knew of any developers that had one available or had one in the works. I guess I'll use my trusty PMDG 737-800 for now, but for full immersion I really prefer to fly the routes with the assigned model...  Thanks in advance for any help!

In case you can't find a good 400, you may find this document from Boeing, "Airplane Characteristics for Airport Planning", useful in determining a substitute...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pprune+737-400+vs.+737-700&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

In particular, it says the fuselage on the 700 is the same as the 400.  Clearly, though, it has updated electronics.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Milviz do the 737-200. That will provide all the steam gauges and the Jt8 turbojets.

I suppose most devs gave up on the 737 after PMDG epitomised the model. I fly PMDG 737-500 from a skin off the Avsim downloads. Of course it's a 737-600 model, same as the Austrian Airlines Tyrol. 

Happy Holidays.

Good to know, thanks everyone for your help. Think I'll probably just get the PMDG -600/700 expansion pack- the old steam gauges are cool but I've gotten so spoiled with the FMC and panel displays on the -800/-900- plus I like being able to do the RNAV SIDS and STARS. Happy Flying!

Chris   

HJG just released 737-300, 400, 500 models and skins.  Their designed for FSX but since they are not systems heavy they might work in P3Dv4?  May be nice space filler 'til a true v4 hits the market (if one ever does).

I kept promising myself I would take this Christmas day and actually get some "fly" time in, ha!  Gonna try those out myself as I always liked flying the 300 and 500 back in the day.

Happy Holidaze!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit