Sign in to follow this  

ProATC shows wrong radio freq

After using everything without any problems for quite some time ProATC is suddenly acting weird: I want to ask for clearance but it doesn't read my radio freq properly. I have to set 130.6 and I have set 130.6 but the ProATC window says I have 122.0 set...?!?! Anyone ever had this? See the picture below.

BTY I seriously HATE THIS. I haven't had the time all week to fly and I was looking forward to doing so this free saturday where I'd have just enough time to do a flight. And now that time is ruined already by this annoying problem... I might as well stop flying now already. Really really really really HATE it when this happens.

2017-12-23_10-56-22-234.jpg

I feel your pain. (I had to log a flight with BA last night, I got to cruise level and went to get a beer from the fridge came back and I mist the BA report rubbish they have and the flight was canceled.)

Silly but did you try flicking 122.00 to active and 130.6 back to active?

Also do you have to do checklist with PRO ATC with the Q400 because that can stop you getting clearance.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 minutes ago, J van E said:

After using everything without any problems for quite some time ProATC is suddenly acting weird: I want to ask for clearance but it doesn't read my radio freq properly. I have to set 130.6 and I have set 130.6 but the ProATC window says I have 122.0 set...?!?! Anyone ever had this? See the picture below.

BTY I seriously HATE THIS. I haven't had the time all week to fly and I was looking forward to doing so this free saturday where I'd have just enough time to do a flight. And now that time is ruined already by this annoying problem... I might as well stop flying now already. Really really really really HATE it when this happens.

I have both add-on's and never had this issue, did you configured proatc to make the copilot do the freq changes? I strongly recommend you to do this.

Try flipping the frequency a couple of times and confirm that VHF1 is the active.

Simbol 

Well, I 'solved' the problem by restarting the entire PC and starting everything all over from scratch. So everything is working again but I have no clue what went wrong. Flicking the freqs over and over again did nothing, quitting ProATC did nothing, even quitting P3D did nothing...! So after getting totally fed up with it I restarted the PC and then suddenly everything was working again...

Computers... :blink:

BTW I never do the checklist with ProATC: never had to either. And letting the copilot do the job is boring. :happy: Besides, afaik that doesn't work perfectly well with the Q400 (which I am indeed using: I might have mentioned that).

50 minutes ago, simbol said:

I agree, I only allow the copilot to handle freq changes as in real world operations but I do all the rest.

Simbol 

+1

PC's J, :blink:

Enjoy your flight.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip