Sign in to follow this  
hollow1slo

Any late 2017 leftovers?

2 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

777200lrf,

Great Christmas comment.

Just as an aside, can YOU show me or point me to ANYONE with ANY Computer hardware who can run 6 monitors. If you cannot, then perhaps you may understand the request for that software. If you can, I will be delighted to purchase that hardware even if I have to mortgage the house (this may be necessary because we are probably looking at a US Tax Department  computer system)

Cheers

Tony

You took that comment as an insult? Are you just looking for an argument? why can't an sli setup with 1080ti's do it?

777200lrf,

Good grief, no way was that taken as an insult. I have heard it said in many different ways many different times to be upset with it.

It was a genuine comment and incidently, one I have made frequently. I sincerely hope you were not upset as I genuinely was not.

SLI wont cut it either. As I have said before, I have a maximum of 3 monitors into any one GPU and this is very similar to running a 4k tv as far as resolutions go. Sadly that is not the answer. I have even tried a Matrox Triplehead2go which is one output on the 1080ti and the 1050ti only handles 3 instrument panels with basically, no moving parts so is largely a series of static displays.

No, I believe the answer lies in the platform itself. Unfortunately, so few people are into this configuration that there is probably no motivation to change anything in this arena. I simply do not understand why undocking a panel creates such a high draw on resources.(and I dont think anyone else does either) I do not know if it is a resolution thing or just the undocking aspect. You can actually connect 30 Monitors if you so wish with absolutely no performance drain. That is until you actgually put something on a display. Even with my ancient hardware I can comfortably run 3 displays but anymore just stops the clock and everything else LOL Unfortunately for me the level of immersion I achieve with my set up compensates me somewhat for the lack of great aircraft, great sceneries and great utilities that are available on the 64 bit platforms (I do actually have all of them and experiment all the time)

So, in summary, I apologise if I upset you, it was certainly not intended. Particuloarly at XMAS

Seasons greetings mate

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

777200lrf,

Incidently, and further to my last, I tend to treat anyone with more than a 1000 posts with a great deal of respect and always have. I tend to bow to their experience and generally find that they are above being arrogant with very few exceptions. Again, generally speaking, they are to be looked up to and any advice offered, I believe should be heeded if only because of their experience. Certainly not Gods but bloody close to it LOL.

One other thing I probably should mention. I heard (or read) recently a post which said that Capitals were shouting.  I NEVER shout and use capitals only as a form of stressing a word or phrase. The only thing shouting achieves is  enmikty and a hoarse throat.  I only mention this because I felt that the use of capitals may have been the cause of your last comment.

Cheers again

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

On 23.12.2017 at 7:25 PM, wsmeier said:

The FSL A320X update with the reported performance improvements.

Did they really say something about performance improvements?

2 hours ago, BlueFinn said:

Did they really say something about performance improvements?

Yes, beta testers and YouTubers are reporting improvement with the latest version available to them. I've seen comments that it's now more or less in line with PMDG performance and also that stutters have been reduced. The developers have been silent, however, on what's holding up the release.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

2 hours ago, wsmeier said:

The developers have been silent, however, on what's holding up the release.

Apparently some other devs are running into an issue with P3D v4.1, and are in context with LM about it. Don’t know if they are one of the devs having problems, but they could be and that would explain it.

On 12/23/2017 at 3:18 PM, Chapstick said:

Honestly, FSLabs has such a poor track record right now for timely patches I'm not holding my breath. 

Their updates aren’t exactly patches. The changelog in their updates tends to be pretty immense, fixing all of them with one update vs a few at a time via hotfixes while the more substantial update is being worked on like some other devs do. The underlying issue is people expecting updates frequently from them, when they have a lot of other stuff going on that makes that simply not possible.

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

Apparently some other devs are running into an issue with P3D v4.1, and are in context with LM about it. Don’t know if they are one of the devs having problems, but they could be and that would explain it.

I've actually suspected this was the case. Pure speculation on my part, though.

• Upvote 1

Walter Meier

Flytampa KBOS, KLAS and 29Palms Nuremberg all moved to 2018.

The list is getting shorter :biggrin:

Matej Stavanja

A spectacularly underwhelming holiday season this year as far as past holiday releases are concerned.

Boohoo.

12 minutes ago, ErichB said:

A spectacularly underwhelming holiday season this year as far as past holiday releases are concerned.

Boohoo.

Yeah, I agree completely. It looks like we˙re done for this year. It has been a fantastic one thought...

Matej Stavanja

3 hours ago, ErichB said:

Boohoo.

Agreed. Notably Skyforce obviously has been stuck in the pipeline, or the developer just didn't want to take the support burden over the holidays.

Not sure if the Aerosoft busses for P3D4 have been mentioned already. They were originally announced for 2017 but postponed and postponed again later.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11