Sign in to follow this  
DrumsArt

TacPack P3Dv4 released...

Today from VRSimulations...

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Excellent ! Been waiting months for these words.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Only 33% discount for already p3d costumers? Understand that it has to be paid, but I pass this one.

• Upvote 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Time to blow some stuff up.

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Very interested in this. However, I see it's $50 without the support option, which is $7.99 for a years support?

I would like it for the SWS Phantom. But am I wrong in thinking it's only got one unit that can shoot back at you, a SAM site?:huh:

With the Harrier at a similar price over on DCS, I am torn what to buy? I like the idea of an armed aircraft in P3dv4, being able to fly anywhere in the world. But some say it's a no no for combat and stick to DCS? 

I will see what's left after the Christmas Turkey has been eaten!:blink:

Happy holidays.

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

With the Harrier at a similar price over on DCS, I am torn what to buy? I like the idea of an armed aircraft in P3dv4, being able to fly anywhere in the world. But some say it's a no no for combat and stick to DCS? 

I’m thinking the same. DCS just seems so much better and more suited for combat than P3D v4.

41 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

I’m thinking the same. DCS just seems so much better and more suited for combat than P3D v4.

True, but the main limitation in DCS is the limited theater sandbox. With FSX@War, it is possible to have a wide variety of theaters in P3d. I don't think that either sim has a lock on which is "prettier". The aircraft in DCS seem more realistic to me than their direct counterparts in P3d. On the other hand, the VRS FA18E and the Milviz UH-1 are as good as anything in DCS. Unfortunately, IRIS Simulations didn't keep up with improving its A10 Warthog or that would also have been a competitor in P3d.

I'm not a real good authority on which to buy, as I have both sims.

• Upvote 1

Might as well wait for DCS 2.5 and the F/A-18 early access release in January. It's not the Super Hornet but at least it's on a platform actually set up for combat. 

• Upvote 1

Don’t forget that DCS is coming out with the F-14 next year. I did buy the tacpack  and F-18 upgrades last night also.

jeffg

Jeffrey Gerbert

11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

True, but the main limitation in DCS is the limited theater sandbox. With FSX@War, it is possible to have a wide variety of theaters in P3d. I don't think that either sim has a lock on which is "prettier". The aircraft in DCS seem more realistic to me than their direct counterparts in P3d. On the other hand, the VRS FA18E and the Milviz UH-1 are as good as anything in DCS. Unfortunately, IRIS Simulations didn't keep up with improving its A10 Warthog or that would also have been a competitor in P3d.

Good point re the aircraft quality! DCS have some extraordinary detailed models. 

Apart from the VRS Superbug (which is years old now) I can only see the Phantom as a reasonable sim, albeit a historic aircraft sim!

Perhaps the Just Flight Vulcan, when released will have Tac Pack capability. Combat in P3d is seemingly a niche within a niche market?

16 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Wouldn’t that make you a better authority than someone who only has one or the other?

Not really. It shows I'm not a discriminating consumer. I'm just drawn irrationally to the combat side of things.

Seriously though, for broad-based straight up air combat, DCS is the way to go (or also consider similar PC-based and console games). But if one wants just a good air combat experience without having to worry about adding ANOTHER sim to the stable, just buy Tacpack and stock up on a few good P3d4 birds. There are a variety of freeware Tacpack-enabled aircraft out there. 

just got the p3dv4 f/a-18 w/ tacpack.  performance is better than what i had on the fsx version since p3dv4 runs better on my box.  

re few things i read here:

1. there's no 'without support' version.  all products are supported and you get updates from links in the support forum. 

2. dcs is good for what it's for but fsx/p3dv4 renders the whole world with realtime wx.  

3. tacpack is for launching ordinance and stuff but the biggest draw for me is the added advanced avionics/sensors (accurate radar modes, EO sensors, etc.) that makes flying fun.

without a doubt, one of the best a/c model is now on the x64 platform and grateful to santa for bring it this year. 

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Sadly, I am unable to use this, as I have P3D V4 Pro, which is unsupported by VRS.  I understand the reason, but I don't agree with it. They have a professional package for very big $ to go with P3D Pro version. It would seem to me that the Pro Plus version would be more appropriate for their commercial offering. I strongly suspect that, because of this strategy on the part of VRS, many simmers felt forced to go with the Academic version who otherwise might have purchased the Pro license.

I personally won't go there, and as a consequence, am sorely tempted to reinstall FSX Steam and run it in a nearly default state to preserve performance, so I can use my several TacPack-capable aircraft in a non-toothless fashion.

Merry Christmas, all, and have fun using TacPack for V4 in the new year!😀🎄

Cheers,

Tom

• Upvote 1