Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

X-Plane 11 running out of memory on launch

Hello

I've recently picked up X-Plane 11 during the steam sale. I have 12GB of RAM installed on my PC. When I start X-Plane up, in the home screen itself, it is eating up about 9GB of RAM. When I select the default Cessna (without the G1000), and select any airport, and click on launch, it runs out of RAM during loading ! No sceneries, no nothing installed. Turning down the Graphic setting does not seem to change this either. 

Any help on how to fix this ?

Cheers

9W

Hi

I just ran across you post.

What type of GPU are using? 

This might help determine what you have is enough of not enough run efficiently.

Bob

I have a NVDIA 860M with 4GB memory. I seem to be fine on the Graphics Memory front. It is the RAM memory which is running out. I did not have the problem with the demo version.

I shall try and take screenshots using ProcessExplorer,

5 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I shall try and take screenshots using ProcessExplorer,

And add your Log.txt from the main X-Plane 11 folder.

you need an absolute min of 16 gb of system ram and recommended amount of 24-32gb or more, you need an absolute min of 4gb of vram and a suggestted 8gb or more. make sure your page file is not off or set to low, i would raise the pagefile to 24-32gb with you having such a small amount of system ram.you really need an nvidia 1060 or faster gpu and that min 16 gb of system ram. i am using 32gb of system ram and 11 gb of vram and i still can't max x-plane, the next series of video cards should solve the problem. happy holidays.

As above said, check your pagefile should be on auto. 12 gig of ram should be enough if you are not running Aurtho scenery, a 4 gig vram gpu is really teh limit, i just went to a 8 gig 1070 and using 7.3 gig of that.