Sign in to follow this  
Saravanan

PMDG 737

Hi i just wanted to know how well my system will run the PMDG 737 here are my specs

Intel i7-3632QM

CPU 2.20GHz

8gbRAM

and Intel 4000 graphics (Total graphics memory:1824 MB and 128MB video memory)

SIDENOTE: i can run the majestic q400 very well

It  might be a little choppy.  You could be forced to turn down some eye candy.  The Q400 isn't a good reference, simply because it is programmed a bit differently and certain aspects of it are modeled outside the sim.  I don't think the Q400 performs bad for anyone to be honest.  Complex plane but excellent performance.

I've never really seen a slow down with the Q400 but the PMDG aircraft have given me a minor stutter in busy areas.  Nothing that ruins the experience, but you will see some degrading flying into places like LAX or EWR.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Don't have the iFly.  You just have to look into your options and make a choice.  Everyone is different.  It may be fine for you.  But you always take a risk with add ons working and performing well.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Saravan,

I think we have covered this or similar posts in the past with you.

I believe that sooner or later, you will have to upgrade your hardware if you  are going to be remotely enthusiastic in this Flight Sim  world.

Regardless, you will find, I think, an insignificent difference with your frame rates and I believe that, because both will tax your computer to probably unacceptable frame rates.

I really want to encourage you in your endeavours but I would suggest picking a couple of freeware tubeliners which are not so demanding on your system, and very available in the AVSIM Library.. Obviously, you are not going to get the complexity of the IFly or the PMDG products, but until you upgrade, this MAY be a worthwhile compromise.

I will say again too, that if and when you upgrade, get the very best that YOU can afford and bear in mind that the current crop of simulator platforms all require a fast (fastest if possible) CPU, a minimum of 16gb (preferably 32gb)of RAM and a good GPU. If you can afford it, I would recommend the 1070 as a minimum. All in all, not a terribly cheap exercise but worth the financial pain trade off for simulation satisfaction.

I wish you luck and if you do or do not, upgrade, you will not make any mistake by purchasing either the IFly or PMDG aircraft. They are both great aircraft.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Whilst the PMDG isn't really that much of a frame rate hog, it might not like running too well on a lesser PC, so I'd go with the iFly one if I were you, it's favourably comparable to the PMDG one in terms of realism, but a bit easier on frames owing to the way it is modeled (i.e. the windows are part of the texture rather than polygons on the 3D model and the HGS is not collimated, which also helps with performance). Additionally, because the iFly 737 is currently discounted to 27 quid until early January, as opposed to the PMDG one costing about 52 quid, since that is not discounted, the iFly NG is round about half the price and you get a lot more variants in the iFly one too, which also adds a bit to the value of it when compared to the PMDG version. Should you then find it doesn't run that well on your system, you're not going to be out for a lot of money.

Discount coupon for the iFly 737 here: http://www.flight1.com/coupons/iFly-Dec-2017-Special.zip

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I have both the iFly and the PMDG 737's. The iFly definitely uses less resources. How well will it run on your system? I have no idea. But if it were me, I'd take Tony's advice...skip them both and look for something a bit less demanding until the hardware is upgraded..........Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

On 23/12/2017 at 7:36 PM, Saravanan said:

Hi i just wanted to know how well my system will run the PMDG 737 here are my specs

Intel i7-3632QM

CPU 2.20GHz

8gbRAM

and Intel 4000 graphics (Total graphics memory:1824 MB and 128MB video memory)

SIDENOTE: i can run the majestic q400 very well

I have only 3gb RAM and I could run the PMDG 737 with framerates of about 15-20 fps but with numerous tweaks in the fsx.cfg and using Stevefx's DX10 fixer and run FSX in DX10 mode. Smooth for me even with 3 gb ram on a 32-bit PC but 2.94ghz CPU. Everything runs well except for a bit drop in framerates just before touchdown, but it would go away shortly, could live with it. The 737 is not much memory consuming as the 777. I guess you could run the 737 with the above tweaks above smoothly considering you have a 64bit PC and 4gb+ RAM (The DX10 fixer is a must if you want more VAS)