Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Well done Carenado!

I know that Carenado can come in for a lot of criticism on these forums from time to time mainly as a result of perceived shortcomings in the systems of some of its otherwise visually perfect aircraft. Although some of this criticism may be justified particularly in the eyes of the purists, the purpose of this post is not to criticise Carenado but to give them the kudos they are due for providing timely upgrades to P3Dv4 for a huge number of aircraft. Unlike some developers who unashamedly charge the full price again to existing customers to get a P3Dv4 version or other developers who at least give a discount to existing customers, Carenado has provided all of these updates free of charge to existing owners and I think this ought to be recognised and they deserve our congratulations, thanks and support.

Bill

• Upvote 11

Very good point Bill.  They definitely deserve positive recognition for providing free updates for P3Dv4. 

• Upvote 4

Bill

UK LAPL-A

I fly:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701, (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600 and PMDG737.

Hi Bill,

I can concur with that... Lately I've really been enjoying my PC-12, Cheyenne II, and C310...

Another big round of applause - to those modders who fix and improve what's broke... I can't thank you enough for taking the time and sharing the results...

:wink:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 4

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

16 minutes ago, scianoir said:

I know that Carenado can come in for a lot of criticism on these forums from time to time mainly as a result of perceived shortcomings in the systems of some of its otherwise visually perfect aircraft. Although some of this criticism may be justified particularly in the eyes of the purists, the purpose of this post is not to criticise Carenado but to give them the kudos they are due for providing timely upgrades to P3Dv4 for a huge number of aircraft. Unlike some developers who unashamedly charge the full price again to existing customers to get a P3Dv4 version or other developers who at least give a discount to existing customers, Carenado has provided all of these updates free of charge to existing owners and I think this ought to be recognised and they deserve our congratulations, thanks and support.

Bill

I agree, their upgrades were wonderful.  Not only that but when my last system gave out on me, I thought I would have to repurchase every license and aircraft I had purchased for FSX.  In fact, I did do that for a few titles.  But then I found that Carenado had a record of almost every purchase I ever made going back many years, plus download links and new license keys for the P3DV4 upgrades.  I was able to reinstall hundreds of dollars worth of aircraft and make P3DV4 a very solid investment.  My fav Carenado aircraft are the Citation II 550 (a must buy, with a fantastic IAS hold feature on its autopilot), the Malibu Mirage, the Centurion 210, and the Beechcraft B200.  All get stellar framerates, and can perform greaser landings, especially the C2 550 and the Malibu Mirage.  I understand Carenado aircraft don't appeal to all since not all the systems are accurately modeled.  But their flight dynamics, at least in the aircraft I mention, are wonderful.  Also recommended are the Alabeo 310 and the Twinstar DA42.  See my recent pics of the Twinstar and Citation 550 in the screenshots forum.  Next on my wishlist is the Citation Mustang or Eaglesoft Citation X.

John

• Upvote 1

Yup, it's a fair point and it does indeed deserve credit, as do their visuals, which are certainly a cut above most. 

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Another big round of applause - to those modders who fix and improve what's broke... I can't thank you enough for taking the time and sharing the results...

Scott, Couldn't agree more, Carenado has some really nice aircraft now as a result! All the ones I fly on a regular basis, CJ2, AC690B, PC-12, Cheyenne II, Phenom 300, and Hawker 850XP have all been in the repair shop :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I recently bought their Cessna 337 Skymaster. Lovely little aeroplane! :cool:

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Was hoping the Fokker 50 might have appeared before Christmas and I would have treated myself to it, but unlikely now I guess!

Bill

Yep, free upgrades to v4 and this uncredible big discounts, this end of 2017.

Was big occasion to complete mine fleet...

Many thanks to Carenado Team, 

Mark

• Upvote 1

Yes, credit where it’s due for the free v4 conversions. 

Have to say, the piper navajo has rapidly become one of my favs over the last year or so. 

The old caravan with Bernt Stolle fde modification and a gtn 650 retrofit is very good too even with its age. It was a  bargain for the price I paid in the recent sale. 

Very nice to see the community give positive support to Carenado. I have not been a significant buyer of Carenado planes in the past however, this recent sale and the desire to purchase a small business jet brought me to them. I was very impressed with the variety of the offerings and the manner in which they upgrade from one version of sim to the next. In my research for the perfect small business jet to get their offerings came well recommended. They certainly do deserve the support given in this thread. 

• Upvote 1

Also true of Captain Sim...albeit at a glacial rate of release.

It's almost like the popular developers know that they can charge us what they want and we'll pay... :ohmy:

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

1 hour ago, WotanUK said:

It's almost like the popular developers know that they can charge us what they want and we'll pay... :ohmy:

Unfortunately yes and we will pay for quality but the developers need to remember that retaining customer loyalty is also important and one way to do this would be to even give a token discount to existing customers when upgrading. Given the prices being charged for some products I am certainly going to be a lot more circumspect about which aircraft I upgrade to P3Dv4 from some developers. For example I currently have all of PMDG's products for FSX except the 737 (I use the iFly version) and I am unlikely to upgrade any of their aircraft to P3Dv4. Instead I will upgrade the excellent iFly 737 where a generous discount is available for existing owners and will probably replace my PMDG 747 with the cheaper iFly version which I note also gets excellent reviews (and incidentally is also discounted for existing FSX owners). Likewise although I currently own 7 A2A aircraft in FSX, I only plan to upgrade the Connie.

The bottom line is that I can only fly one aircraft at a time anyway and, although it is nice to have a large variety of high quality aircraft available to choose in my hanger, at the prices now being charged for some addons I personally have decided the time has come to exercise some restraint!

Bill

• Upvote 2