Sign in to follow this  
scianoir

Well done Carenado!

4 hours ago, scianoir said:

Unfortunately yes and we will pay for quality but the developers need to remember that retaining customer loyalty is also important and one way to do this would be to even give a token discount to existing customers when upgrading. Given the prices being charged for some products I am certainly going to be a lot more circumspect about which aircraft I upgrade to P3Dv4 from some developers. For example I currently have all of PMDG's products for FSX except the 737 (I use the iFly version) and I am unlikely to upgrade any of their aircraft to P3Dv4. Instead I will upgrade the excellent iFly 737 where a generous discount is available for existing owners and will probably replace my PMDG 747 with the cheaper iFly version which I note also gets excellent reviews (and incidentally is also discounted for existing FSX owners). Likewise although I currently own 7 A2A aircraft in FSX, I only plan to upgrade the Connie.

The bottom line is that I can only fly one aircraft at a time anyway and, although it is nice to have a large variety of high quality aircraft available to choose in my hanger, at the prices now being charged for some addons I personally have decided the time has come to exercise some restraint!

Bill

I've found that Carenado's aircraft, given what they model, are at a fairly good price, especially their older models which get discounted.  If the price point were too low, there would be no developers like PMDG, Carenado, Captain Sim, etc....  So much effort goes into creating these aircraft, not only the visuals but especially Pilot immersion on the more detailed, instrument oriented cockpits.  I chose Carenado mostly because they make a great VFR platform, especially aircraft like the 337 (push me pull you), which put the pilot's POV ahead of the wing and offer a great viewpoint for spotting traffic.  Same with the Alabeo Cardinal and the Citation Jet, as well as the other small business jets.  Heavier Iron offers a good viewpoint as well, I like Xplane11's default heavy iron for that reason, especially their 747-400.  My next purchase I am still leaning towards the Citation X, I want something fast for transatlantic crossings.

John

41 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

I've found that Carenado's aircraft, given what they model, are at a fairly good price, especially their older models which get discounted.

I agree that Carenado prices are generally reasonable and I don't have a problem with other developers charging more for very high quality aircraft which have required a lot of development time, but I think that some sort of discount for previous owners should be available.

Bill

1 hour ago, scianoir said:

I agree that Carenado prices are generally reasonable and I don't have a problem with other developers charging more for very high quality aircraft which have required a lot of development time, but I think that some sort of discount for previous owners should be available.

Bill

Discounts and trial versions of aircraft are always helpful in the development world.  It's always hard to determine how products should be priced.  Sadly add-on development isn't always lucrative, look at Real Air's outstanding products, and yet they are not here anymore.  They had such high quality products, top notch in visuals and flght dynamics.  Also Flight1, you do not see much activity from them as well, they had great products and Lou represented his company well.

John

7 minutes ago, Cactus521 said:

...Sadly add-on development isn't always lucrative, look at Real Air's outstanding products, and yet they are not here anymore.

I think there were more things happening in REAL life that brought about their stopping trading.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Real Air I think was more of a personal (Illness) decision rather than an economic, and Flight1 for many years has concentrated on their Flight1 Technologies rather than on the "entertainment" part! But I would agree with you John, I don't think any developer is getting rich in this business, most are probably in it because they love flying?  Google Flight1tech and see the cool things they offer for pilot training.

Cheers

Martin