Sign in to follow this  
AviaLucas

I think GSX is crashing my FSX.

After recently installing GSX, I have been experiencing issues with my FSX:SE. Shortly after loading in to my flight my screen freezes and shortly after my game crashes. I've uninstalled gsx but this event is still happening. I'd be more then glad for any help. 

Thank you! -Lucas

The fact that FSX is still crashing after uninstalling GSX is a clue.  It was not GSX causing the crashes.  I would rename your fsx.cfg to fsx.cfg.off, restart and FSX will rebuild.  See it it starts then.  If not, you can delete the new fsx.cfg and rename the fsx.cfg.old to fsx.cfg. 

What version of Windows?  Make sure you have User Access Controls turned off.  Make sure you start FSX with Administrative Rights when you start the game.  See the AVSIM CTD Guide for more details.  Link in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

As indicated in the AVSIM FSX Configuration Guide (link in my signature) it is located in a hidden folder:

Hidden System Folders – FSX configuration files are located in hidden system folders and you will be required to access them and edit the hidden files while using FSX.  Not to worry, this is not all that complicated. To learn how to show hidden files in your operating system, go to your Windows Search feature and type in ‘Show Hidden Files’, then look up in the menu and click on Show Hidden Files and Folders (this works with all Operating Systems).  Once you have “Folder Options” open, click on the “View” tab.

Now that you can see hidden files and folders, here are the locations of the files you will need to view:

For the FSX.cfg - C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX or FSX-SE

For the Scenery.cfg - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX or FSX-SE

If you install an add-on such as the popular FSUIPC utility or an airport like one from FlightBeam or FS Dreamteam, files called ‘dll.xml’ and ‘exe.xml’ will be created so that the modules can be properly loaded into FSX when you start up FSX.  These files are in the same folder as your FSX.cfg when they are created.  The AVSIM CTD Guide provides more information about the dll.xml or exe.xml in the event you rename or move these files to a temporary folder to investigate a crash.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10