Sign in to follow this  
BiTRiP

Secondary monitor not black out completely

Hello,

I'm running P3D v4.1 with 2 monitors. One monitor is a 4K monitor and is my main monitor (using 4K resolution in p3d). The second one is 1920x1200 monitor. Both connected on a GTX1080.

The problem is that if I set P3D to full screen that my secondary monitor is not filled out completely. I still see a piece of my wallpaper on top which is really annoying.

Anyone knows this problems or might have a solution for this?

Thanks,

BiTRiP

sdzlkw.jpg

20 minutes ago, BiTRiP said:

Hello,

I'm running P3D v4.1 with 2 monitors. One monitor is a 4K monitor and is my main monitor (using 4K resolution in p3d). The second one is 1920x1200 monitor. Both connected on a GTX1080.

The problem is that if I set P3D to full screen that my secondary monitor is not filled out completely. I still see a piece of my wallpaper on top which is really annoying.

Anyone knows this problems or might have a solution for this?

Thanks,

BiTRiP

sdzlkw.jpg

Untick it in settings menu- black out desktop. 

Yes, I know that option but I don't want to see/use my desktop.

I want to have it blacked out.

Do you have your monitor resolutions set correctly in P3D? When you go full screen, P3d uses the resolutions you set here and not what is set in Windows. Use the down arrow in the Display box (in P3D Display Options) and make sure you resolution is set correctly for both screens. On my PC, I have "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.0" for my main 4K screen (3840x2160) and for my 2nd monitor "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080.1" set at 1920x1080.  I suspect you may have one of these set incorrectly and that maybe why you are seeing some bleed over on your 2nd monitor.

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

Thanks for all replies.

I think I fixed it. The problem lies in the scaling in Windows 10.

I have my 4K monitor in native resolution but scaled text to 150% otherwise it's too small. Without scaling it was all fine. Now I set it back to 150% but I moved the position of the second monitor aligned with the top of the main screen and that seems the trick. Before I had the second monitor in the middle so that the cursor does not move to second screen when I point to left upper corner.

Again, thanks for thinking with me!