Sign in to follow this  
Traincom

744 best range

What configuration f the PMDG744 gives you the best range I’m trying To complete a very long flight. 744ER? Passenger, cargo? Which engines? Thanks for the help!!!

The 400ER has the maximum range out of all the variants, I’m pretty sure. If I’m not mistaken, the 400ER only has 1engine variant so that should make it easy. She’ll stretch her legs quite a bit with a very light load.

Welcome to the forum! Please note that, per forum rules, PMDG require full names on your posts, first and last.

747-400ER has two engine variants. You can choose between GE and PW.

There is practically no difference in range between the two. But I would go for the Pratts, cause I can ;)

Mauricio Brentano

18 minutes ago, MauB said:

747-400ER has two engine variants. You can choose between GE and PW.

There is practically no difference in range between the two. But I would go for the Pratts, cause I can ;)

Eh....yes and no. Yes, Boeing may have offered it with two engine variants, but as far as I'm aware, QANTAS was the only one who bought the plane, and they use the General Electric engines. As such, PMDG only modeled the General Electric variant, so you don't really have a choice.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Oh my bad, didn't know that. I'm a freight guy, so only fly F ones. I know the ERFs have both variants simulated. Sorry, my mistake.

So it seems I can't LOL.

Mauricio Brentano

17 hours ago, Traincom said:

What configuration f the PMDG744 gives you the best range I’m trying To complete a very long flight. 744ER? Passenger, cargo? Which engines? Thanks for the help!!!

747-400 ER (passenger model) with no pax/cargo and maximum fuel (Check the density!) will result in a very, very long flight and will get you just about anywhere. (Perhaps and Pax/Cargoless 777-200LR will get you further...  I'd love to know.)

Qantas took VH-OJA (a 747-400RR) from London to Sydney on its delivery flight with no interior fittings, a handful of press and a specially formulated fuel but they were lucky to make it...  With the ER, you should be able to do that without the special dinosaur juice... (Provided you choose the most economical CI and flight performance values and don't mind spending a lot of time in the air...)

8 hours ago, Curtis Smith said:

IIRR Korean Air had PW's on their freighters...

That is correct. ERFs with PWs were ordered and built. ERs with PW were not.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png