Sign in to follow this  
wezhei

Issue on cooperation btw. MCE and PF3 (TGS)

Hello Community,

since i made a clean reinstall of windows 10 (had some issues with the startbutton and the taskbar) which caused of corse a full reinstall of my entire sim configuration (P3D v4.1, AS16, FSCaptain 1.8.0, MCE 2,7.40 and PF3 3.7.2) I'm facing a wired problem which I've also posted in the PF3 Forum unnder the subject "Being not able to get TGS working". The discussion there with the admins ended finally in the reccomondation to post my problem in this forum too as curently their opinion is, and this bases out of the check of the submittet PF3 log files, that the issue might to be found within MCE.

This is so far the introduction. Pls. let me now explain my issue in detail. Since I've finished all the a/m reinstallation I'm absolutly unable to to get the PF3 Taxi Guidance System (TGS) working. During the contact with the PF3 gents we figured out that w/o MCE running everything works well. Although my FO response and acts  very accuratly to clearance, taxi and take off requests and every other action during the flight (including all the flows for my aerosoft crj 900).Tto what ever reason it looks like as mce blocks in someway the taxi guidance system.

Any idea from anyone what I do wrong or should I simply reinstall both progs?

Heinz

PS under previous versions of MCE earlier than 3.2.40 and PF3 earlier 3.7.2 erverthing worked well

...one more thing I recognised, and I'm not sure if it is for any importance. having MCE loades and working. As soon as I start PF§ and connect it to the Sim, MCE starts to switch and cycles through all PF3  VCP modes altough VCP mode 0 is already set in PF3.

In which mode are you using MCE; do you use the FO to talk to ATC or do you talk to ATC yourself?

And is everything else - apart from the PF3-TGS - working fine for you when it comes to the MCE-PF3 interaction? 

i use my FO for the entire ATC communication

.....and everthing else is working excellent and i love my FO (one of the best addon for simming imho)

And you hear the FO readback the taxi clearance?

One more thing you can test: Manually press the Roger Key after the FO has read back the taxi clearance and see if TGS starts then.

Also you can try to switch TGS off and on with the respective PF3 hotkey and see if that does anything.

Slowly running out of ideas here...

If you switch off the interaction with ATC in MCE, and then use the co pilot in PFE3 does the TGS gauge work? After you have received your clearance to taxi the PFE3 window should say 'TGS active' If you want to request a different runway, you would press one and then the window will say TGS deactivated. Also, when using MCE interaction do you get a voice prompt for taxiing from PFE3 after activating it and selecting the voice in PFE3?

Did what you say and have switched off the interaction with ATC in MCE and used the co pilot from PF3. Requested my taxi clearance - PF3 co pilot repated it - got a readback correct and than the information that TGS is active. TGS brought me to the announced holdpoint and got deactivated. So in other words it worked very well.

Your last sentence confuses me a little. As soon as I use the interction MCE one of the first thngs that happens after i have connected PF3 to the sim is, that MCE switches through all the VCP modes of PF3 (starting with 0 than mode 1, 2 and so on as long as it comes back to VCP mode off. The surprising thing is that this is done almost all the times although if I have the VCP mode already switched to off. Hope this is what you asked with this last sentence

I believe what is happening (MCE moderator can correct me if i am wrong) is that your co pilot mode is automatically set to the correct one compatible with the co pilot function of MCE and that is why it is cycling through the modes. If you try using the voice prompt instead of the gauge does that work ?.  Try that and when you get close to the take off runway see if ATC says (your call sign) contact tower on 111.111. If it does, then PFE3 knows where your plane is and is monitoring it. If not we can probably conclude that after taxi to runway clearance it has lost contact.
 Moderators. For some strange reason, when i sign out this post is not visible. Plan to cut and paste, then repost. If shows as a duplicate please delete one.

I believe what is happening (MCE moderator can correct me if i am wrong) is that your co pilot mode is automatically set to the correct one compatible with the co pilot function of MCE and that is why it is cycling through the modes. If you try using the voice prompt instead of the gauge does that work ?.  Try that and when you get close to the take off runway see if ATC says (your call sign) contact tower on 111.111. If it does, then PFE3 knows where your plane is and is monitoring it. If not we can probably conclude that after taxi to runway clearance it has lost contact.
 Moderators. For some strange reason, when i sign out this post is not visible. Plan to cut and paste, then repost. If shows as a duplicate please delete one.

I'll get in any case  the information from atc to contact tower for clearance as soon as I get close to the runway holding - no matter if TGS is working or not. so PF3 is monitoring me all the time.

Meanwhile during all the testing I figured out another thing. I'm using a saitek throttle + quadrant when i now assign Botton one (top left btn on the backside of the yoke) to be used as atc transmitting button, it shows me that button 11 is asigned and not 1 (also controler calibration shows btn 1) this is accompanied by a permanent tone in the medium frequency range.

PS made a reinstall of MCE to upgrade to 2.7.43 and will also reinstall PF3. let you know the outcome

Tried again after reinstallingPF3 - no change in behaiour, Any more ideas from anybody, Or should I make friends with the fact not to yuse TGS?

On 12/30/2017 at 5:14 AM, wezhei said:

Tried again after reinstallingPF3 - no change in behaiour, Any more ideas from anybody, Or should I make friends with the fact not to yuse TGS?

I realize this is a very old thread...but I am having the same problem. I saw at the PF3 forum you solved the issue by using ROGER. I think you said you would come back here and provide an update...I could not find it.

Anyway, when you say ROGER, do you mean you press the CONTROL + SHIFT + \ key, (standard key press for ROGER in PF3 hotkeys)?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

I believe I found the issue...

I use the Logitech Wireless keyboard in case this is relevant.

For some reason, in MSFS 2020, the combination of keyboard presses "CONTROL + SHIFT + \", which is used for ROGER comes out as "SHIFT + CONTROL + \".

I changed the HOTKEYS options to reflect this in PF3 (Options 1, then HOTKEYS OPTIONS).

1. I highlighted "Cntrl + Shift + \ key".

2. I clicked Change Hotkey.

3. Enter the key combination "Shift + Ctrl + \" (it actually does not matter if you enter as "Cntrl + Shift + \" as it is interpreted as "Shift + Cntrl + \").

96wsOqo.png

4. Click Assign to save.

5. You may need to restart PF3.

After making this change, the TGS worked correctly.

I hope this helps someone else who may run into the same problem.

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5