Sign in to follow this  
parachutem

A2A christmas sale 25% (2017)

Even at 25% off they're sodding pricey! I'm after a GA single piston prop but unsure which to go for. I like PA-28s but A2A chose to simulate a rare variant with an odd avionics fit out, so the C172 would seem most logical choice and closest to the C152s I've been in irl. However the C182 is pooowwweerrr...

• Upvote 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

11 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Even at 25% off they're sodding pricey! I'm after a GA single piston prop but unsure which to go for. I like PA-28s but A2A chose to simulate a rare variant with an odd avionics fit out, so the C172 would seem most logical choice and closest to the C152s I've been in irl. However the C182 is pooowwweerrr...

I agree, A2A is very expensive. I used to fly C172 in real life so bought the A2A C172 a few years ago for FSX/P3D3. Had to fork out again for the P3Dv4 version recently, which really irked me. I would like to get the T-6 Texan but not prepared to pay these prices, even with discount. Fortunately there are other options out there, even freeware ones which are decent enough.

• Upvote 1

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

13 hours ago, ckyliu said:

Then maybe get the A2A C182 now (I have it, it is great!) and the upcoming JustFlight C152 (still in development) later?

• Upvote 1

Yup there's no denying the A2A stuff is a bit pricey when you add all that Accusim stuff, but I do nevertheless think their Commanche is the best GA add-on by a long way, so if anyone is looking for one of theirs which is truly excellent, it's nice to be able to get that Commanche for a bit less. Good alternatives are the more recent Just flight PA-28s and their TB10 and TB20 Trinidad and Tobago, and they have a Cessna 152 on the way too as Thomas points out, which if recent offerings are anything to go by, should be similarly excellent and when A2A get around to making a P3D V4 version of Accufeel, they will be even better although of course if in FSX, they can already benefit from AccuFeel.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Got enough going on getting used to the superb Connie. Not flown her much at all, just mainly fired up those engines and shut them down. I may not use career mode for a little while :blush:

At least A2A do have sales now and again.. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Debating which aircraft to repurchase for P3D myself.  Unfortunately, I’m in the same boat with the ol’ wallet...or just sticking with what I have in FSX.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Good lord these are expensive for P3D, especially for owners of the professional edition. I’ll take a hard pass at these prices, thanks — especially since I’d be buying them again for P3D after having already bought them for FSX (something I’ve done with PMDG, reluctantly and with gritted teeth, but that I’m really not eager to do in any case). I just don’t fly GA enough to make this a remotely reasonable investment.

The fact is that — even on sale! — these prices seem insane to someone who spends hundreds of dollars a year on FS addons...

James

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, pedrotrindade said:

Really? 35€ for a high quality addon doesn't look expensive for me.

No, I'm sorry A2A prices are insane. I know value lies in the eye of the beholder, but I cannot see the value here. I also play other flight sims such as DCS World which is an ultra-realistic military jet sim with single and multi-player campaigns, VR and super-detailed, super-smooth graphics. And some of the latest aircraft releases on DCS World such as the Mirage 2000 and SAAB Viggen are currently on sale for the equivalent of US$31 (in my local currency) on Steam. Their older F-86 Sabre, Mig-15 and Mig-21 are going for $26 equivalent.

A2A aircraft are toys compared to those jets which have every single knob and dial modelled, radar, heads-up display, weapons systems, flight computers, you name it. They can fire guns, shoot missiles, drop bombs, hit actual targets, you can fly co-op campaigns with your mates in 20-30 player teams lasting several hours. Now that is value for money. Meanwhile here in FSX/P3D land, you pay $52 for an aircraft (FSX + P3D Academic bundle, because these imbeciles keep on selling separate versions) and the only thing these aircraft can do is take off, land and steep turns.

You guys are living in a bubble, which the likes of A2A and Milviz have created for you, making you believe that their aircraft are so fantastic and worth every penny. Meanwhile, just outside the bubble, there is a whole world with much better aircraft at much better prices.

• Upvote 2

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Really? 35€ for a high quality addon doesn't look expensive for me.

Not sure which prices you’re seeing, but I’m seeing the C172 for P3D Professional listed at $80, reduced on sale to $60. You’re welcome to disagree, but yes, that seems expensive to me for an aircraft that basically defines (elegant) simplicity.

James

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, rooitou said:

No, I'm sorry A2A prices are insane. I know value lies in the eye of the beholder, but I cannot see the value here. I also play other flight sims such as DCS World which is an ultra-realistic military jet sim with single and multi-player campaigns, VR and super-detailed, super-smooth graphics. And some of the latest aircraft releases on DCS World such as the Mirage 2000 and SAAB Viggen are currently on sale for the equivalent of US$31 (in my local currency) on Steam. Their older F-86 Sabre, Mig-15 and Mig-21 are going for $26 equivalent.

A2A aircraft are toys compared to those jets which have every single knob and dial modelled, radar, heads-up display, weapons systems, flight computers, you name it. They can fire guns, shoot missiles, drop bombs, hit actual targets, you can fly co-op campaigns with your mates in 20-30 player teams lasting several hours. Now that is value for money. Meanwhile here in FSX/P3D land, you pay $52 for an aircraft (FSX + P3D Academic bundle, because these imbeciles keep on selling separate versions) and the only thing these aircraft can do is take off, land and steep turns.

You guys are living in a bubble, which the likes of A2A and Milviz have created for you, making you believe that their aircraft are so fantastic and worth every penny. Meanwhile, just outside the bubble, there is a whole world with much better aircraft at much better prices.

FWIW I own most of the DCS addons, and you know they are far from being perfect. You have good modules and bad modules just like on any other platform but since you are comparing prices, without discounts they are pretty similar but in DCS you will get an eternal Beta product with half of the features working as it should. With the "imbeciles" you have a finished product that reproduces the real thing. Yes, I know a Cessna it's much simplier than a Mirage 2000C but I want to fly a Piper Comanche or a C172, and for me they have done a terrific job with their addons. I respect you opinion but if you compare A2A birds with other P3D/FSX GA addons where you pay less 15 or 20€ you will realize pretty soon that you didn't saved 20€ but you have wasted 30€. We don't even need to give examples.

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

Not sure which prices you’re seeing, but I’m seeing the C172 for P3D Professional listed at $80, reduced on sale to $60. You’re welcome to disagree, but yes, that seems expensive to me for an aircraft that basically defines (elegant) simplicity.

James

James, I believe the difference in prices is related with legal/licenses stuff, like flying schools but im not sure.

btw merry christmas guys:biggrin: