parachutem

A2A christmas sale 25% (2017)

DCS gets old real fast if you don't enjoy flying over the same few, limited maps over and over again. It's a combat sim and it does just that very well but for GA you can't even compare it to FSX/P3D.

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

DCS, like Falcon, is good if flying combat and learning weapon delivery and stuff is your thing. It's fun if you have a buddy who likes that stuff too and you pair up over teamspeak and do all that combat stuff realistically. I used to do that years ago with a friend who was in the RAF, so he knew about all that weapon stuff properly; it was very educational. So if I ever end up in a parallel universe and get asked to carry out a durandal attack on a runway or out-turn an SA-6 or something, it'll be a piece of cake lol.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the info regarding Ant's Airplanes - never knew such developer existed. Especially the Eaglet interests me since the Rotax 912 is what I fly!

Aircraft such as the Eaglet, Sierra, Ikarus and other very light aeroplanes which use engines such as the Rotax 912 are becoming increasingly common choices for PPL training because they are much cheaper to operate. The chances are pretty good that anyone doing a PPL these days will find themselves sat in something like that rather than a Piper or Cessna.

To digress, Krister - you may want to investigate the nice little Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic by Lionheart Creations - it too uses a Rotax 912. I like it - it seems to fly as you'd expect (layman's opinion), trims out beautifully, but then again the real one is used as a glider tug so I would think some stability is a good thing.

2 hours ago, HighBypass said:

To digress, Krister - you may want to investigate the nice little Aerospool WT-9 Dynamic by Lionheart Creations - it too uses a Rotax 912. I like it - it seems to fly as you'd expect (layman's opinion), trims out beautifully, but then again the real one is used as a glider tug so I would think some stability is a good thing.

Thanks Mark!  We had the Dynamic at the flight school so it certainly sounds interesting. P3D v4 isn't mentioned though on their website!

Happy New Year, folks!

I have a LOT of addons, lots of them cheap, that I never fly. The A2A birds, however, are constant companions when i'm simmin. I don't regret a single purchase, and the P3D-compatible versions work great in Prepar3d v4.

Just bought the Connie tonight.

If you're wondering if they're value for money, in my opinion, absolutely.

Where is the discount displayed on the website ? Do we need to enter a coupon code ?

Mike

1 hour ago, Mikelab6 said:

Where is the discount displayed on the website ? Do we need to enter a coupon code ?

Mike

This year not yet. I am waiting...

6 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

Mike

You got sucked in as well then..... lol

Damm necro posting. 

Bryan. 

Edited by bsmfinegan
  • Upvote 2

Add me to the list of people conned in by the title... Would it be an idea for all these threads in the Bargain Shack to have SALE OVER added to the title in same way SOLVED is added to problem threads? Extra work for admins I know.. 

• Upvote 1