Sign in to follow this  
Vusal Gurbanov

Pilot2ATC Connection and File

Hi, I've installed trial version of P2ATC. First it connected without any problem. But just after few hours I wasn't able to file my flight plan. When I press connect button it doesn't turns green but I get

"Simulator Connected
Recognition Engine Installed
Grammars Loaded"

messages. And when I try to file it begins to load and doesn't show any info about process like validation does. I want to test it until my trial period is ended :(. 

What settings have you changed?  Have tried stopping and restarting the program as administrator?

Something must have changed since it worked at first and now it doesn't.

I have been doing some scenario testing with 2403r2 and I am hightly confident that if you have Pilot2atc setup to use SIM weather and you are using Xenviro for X plane then you will very likely have a problem with Connect and File lockup.

Weather set for SIM in Pilot2ATC

The symptom is that i press connect with X  plane running and aircraft loaded ready to go.  I see the frequencies and callsign appear and the standard messages Simulator connected etc.  However the big indicator of a problem the Connect is not GREEN.  It is not really connected in fact pilot2atc has had a failure processing the Xenviro METAR.RWX file as there is some kind of date format error.  Now if because everything looks great except for green connect, you should happen to press File. Then File will hang indefinitely with a blue circle.  You have to close pilot2atc down to fix.

I switch Xenviro off and enabled X plane weather.  The METAR.RWX is now produced by x plane.  Attempted connect and everthing is fine.  Green connect in under 10 seconds, ATIS messages being received.  The weather is available and File takes 5 seconds.

So if using Xenviro you must setup Pilot2atc with NOAA weather until the problem can be fixed.

Weather set for NOAA

Now i have experienced problems with NOAA weather.  i press connect and i get a blue circle that goes on and on. i think i see my frequencies and callsign but no ATIS and no green connect.   I press it again and it immediately connects and turns green.  It seems for the intermittent NOAA download problem it can be interrupted by pressing CONNECT again.  It doesn't do it all the time so it may be something external at NOAA that is causing an issue.  

So if using NOAA you may have to press Connect twice if you receive a blue circle but it should be okay after this.  

I hope this detail helps all to enjoy flying with Pilot2ATC while Dave enjoys his holidays with his family and i am sure that he will have it fixed shortly.

I have sent my log file of the problem and the  METAR.tmp (leftover from Xenviro) and METAR.rwx which was created by X plane and acceptable to Pilot2ATC.

Happy flying Holidays everyone :)

Having the same issue with xEnviro, but I found out a detour. At first in simulator use X-Planes own weather ( I don´t have NOAA, so I don´t know if this works with it). Then wait for a while and switch to xEnviro, it works then. I got my IFR clearance and took off, before I switched to xEnviro my self. I´m flying from Heathrow to Singapore with SSG 747-8I after an hour, everything is still working fine, but let´s see, there is still 12 hours left

Why would NOAA in Pilot2ATC not be available to you?  A long flight.  Enjoy the scenery.

2 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

Why would NOAA in Pilot2ATC not be available to you?  A long flight.  Enjoy the scenery.

I thought that NOAA was Joan´s NOAA plugin in X-Plane, not the Pilot2ATC NOAA. Silly me.