Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Pilot

How I Enjoy My Sim

This is my favorite type of flying.

I have spent hours flying like this in my sim usually following the plane just like in the video so that I can watch the scenery go by.

Flying down river canyons, highways and logging roads through the mountains just to see where they go is fun, especially with the knowledge that I can walk away from my bad judgment

One of my most memorable flights was from Eagle County to Jackson Hole, via West Yellowstone flying at 500 AGL following only a highway map.  I was in my 185 Bush Plane but the trip still took forever.

Dale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1T83fWOZNU

• Upvote 2

Which aircraft do you use to do this ? I don't know of any SuperCub or similar to FSX/P3D

Cheers :)

N.-

9 hours ago, neucoas said:

Which aircraft do you use to do this ? I don't know of any SuperCub or similar to FSX/P3D

Super Cub by Flight-Replicas which includes camping equipment to camp along the way, or the Piper-Pacer by Lionheart Creations which includes a lot of cool outback runways.

Cheers

Martin

I'm a heavy iron virtual pilot but I really enjoyed that. I'd have to say having flown GA IRL.... the sim would not come close to the buzz of doing that for real. Merry Christmas.:biggrin:

21 hours ago, Gypsy Pilot said:

This is my favorite type of flying.

I have spent hours flying like this in my sim usually following the plane just like in the video so that I can watch the scenery go by.

Flying down river canyons, highways and logging roads through the mountains just to see where they go is fun, especially with the knowledge that I can walk away from my bad judgment

One of my most memorable flights was from Eagle County to Jackson Hole, via West Yellowstone flying at 500 AGL following only a highway map.  I was in my 185 Bush Plane but the trip still took forever.

Dale

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1T83fWOZNU

Some of my favorite routes are similar to yours.  Reno to Ontario, takes one down the eastern crest of the Sierras, down past Lake Tahoe, Mono Lake, and the Owens Valley.  Another route I love is from Springerville Utah to Phoenix, which takes one down the beautiful Wasatch range and over the Grand Canyon, and past the San Francisco peaks and Sedona.  Then there is Yreka, down past Mt. Shasta, Castle Crags, Shasta Lake, the Trinity Alps, all the way past Clear Lake (California's largest natural lake), and into Napa County Airport over the beautiful Napa Valley.  

That was P3D.  In Xplane11 I love flying over the Alps from Luzern to Milan, I love flying from St. George, over Zion and over Bryce Canyon.  Finally there is Catalina to Phoenix.

My favorite P3D aircraft are the Citation 550, Malibu Mirage, B200, Diamond Twinstar, and the Cessna 310 and 337.  My favorite Xplane11 aircraft are the default C172, an excellent aircraft, followed by the Cirrus, the MD82 and 747-400.

John

neucoas   Hello... that would be a Cessna 185 Bush, probably by Carenado...

"One of my most memorable flights was from Eagle County to Jackson Hole, via West Yellowstone flying at 500 AGL following only a highway map.  I was in my 185 Bush Plane but the trip still took forever."