Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

2.4.0.3 still broken

I don't know if the ? window has been fixed - it seems to work ok here. But I still cannot file a flight plan. Just sits there forever. The caption on the Verify button is still garbled. Rolled back to 2.4.0.0 again and no problems.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

Happy Holidays.  The majority of the time it is a weather issue.  Press the WX button and wait until you see the weather.  Then file and I think you will find that it works.

18 hours ago, kneighbour said:

I don't know if the ? window has been fixed - it seems to work ok here. But I still cannot file a flight plan. Just sits there forever. The caption on the Verify button is still garbled. Rolled back to 2.4.0.0 again and no problems.

Ken,

Email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) the saved flight plan (.vbf file) so I can test on my end. 

Also, what setting do you have for Wx source?  Try changing to NOAA if that is not what you have.

Regards,

Dave

Might give it a go later. I am generally using the Sim weather (I use xEnviro). 2.4.0.0 still working just fine for me. I am impressed that you are on here over Xmas - that is some dedication!

Perhaps if I can make a suggestion - some of these issues might be alleviated a bit if you did some pre-checks and provided progress indicators. Some of the problems (at least for me) is that I see the circling cursor and the screen whiteout, then instantly think about killing the process. It is a very bad thing to see and it is generally so unusual you can not be blamed for thinking something is wrong. And anything that takes more than 30 seconds is SO unusual that you usually think "locked up" and then kill it. Actually, that is more like 10-15 seconds. So unless you get feedback after that time - it is a problem.

Some thoughts -

I was trying to file a flight plan recently, and could not get any frequency to bring up anything in the SayIt screen. Eventually I realised that I had turned off the battery switches in the aircraft - but P2A had no indication of this. Perhaps the radios should have turned off? I have also been caught by not tuning a radio at all, and the Sayit combo boxes being empty. A couple of times, in fact. It would be a good idea to indicate this somehow. I would perhaps put a panel in the SayIt area that says some thing like "Please tune a radio to obtain a clearance', then once you file a flight plan, you make the panel disappear. Something that tells the user what to do.

When you press the File button, I am guessing that a lot of stuff is going on - but to the user it looks like the system has locked up. To be fair, this is often the case! But it would help if some sort of progress was indicated - ie a small window saying "Getting weather, Checking validity, Doing Proc X, etc ". At least then you would not simply give up.

I am finding that 2.4.0.0 does not have the problems - pretty fast to load (usually) and no issues filing a flight plan. Mind you, it still seems very slow.

I am not finding fault or being picky - I love the program. It has made a big difference to the immersion factor, especially with FSE. I am also impressed with the frequency of updates, not a common thing in the XP world.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+