Sign in to follow this  
Chuckers

Exterior Textures Not Loading in P3D v. 4.1

When I load an aircraft from the 747-400 QOTS II, the external textures do not load in either the preview pane or the simulator.  When I first loaded the PMDG 747, I had problems with the external textures not displaying for the 747-400F, while the other liveries loaded fine.  Today, no 747-400 exterior textures will  load.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  Please help.  FYI, my 737 and 777 external textures all load properly.

Chuck

FSX, FSXSE or P3D? What are your system specs?

Dan Downs KCRP

On 12/25/2017 at 1:08 AM, Chuckers said:

When I load an aircraft from the 747-400 QOTS II, the external textures do not load in either the preview pane or the simulator.  When I first loaded the PMDG 747, I had problems with the external textures not displaying for the 747-400F, while the other liveries loaded fine.  Today, no 747-400 exterior textures will  load.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  Please help.  FYI, my 737 and 777 external textures all load properly.

Chuck

Please note that PMDG requires that users include a signature block with the user's name in all posts in the PMDG forum.
Failure to include a signature will result in removal of the post without comment.

We strongly encourage users to set up a signature block in their AVSim user account, then you never have to worry to remember in the future!

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Sorry about the signature non-compliance.  It's been a while since I've posted. 

"Exterior Textures Not Loading in P3D v. 4.1"

When I load an aircraft from the 747-400 QOTS II, the external textures do not load in either the preview pane or the simulator.  When I first loaded the PMDG 747, I had problems with the external textures not displaying for the 747-400F, while the other liveries loaded fine.  Today, no 747-400 exterior textures will  load.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail.  Please help.  FYI, my 737 and 777 external textures all load properly

I usually can figure things out.  I've tried everything and have had no success.  Any assistance or advice will be appreciated.  My computer specs are below my signature.

Hi Chuck, when the exterior textures do not render what is it that you do see?  Is the exterior model completely missing or do you see the interior of the aircraft? Is it body only or body and wings?  Are you using any 3d party shaders such as PTA? Does the aircraft initialize (the 20 sec count)?

Dan Downs KCRP

22 hours ago, downscc said:

Hi Chuck, when the exterior textures do not render what is it that you do see?  Is the exterior model completely missing or do you see the interior of the aircraft? Is it body only or body and wings?  Are you using any 3d party shaders such as PTA? Does the aircraft initialize (the 20 sec count)?

Hi Dan! An outline of the fuselage and wings are visible.  The nosecone and livery textures are absent.  The aircraft does initialize and is otherwise operational. I do use EnvShade.  I will see if that is the problem.  Thanks for mentioning the "shaders."  I will report back and let you know my results.

Update -- I turned off Envshade, and the textures are still missing.  Is there any tweak that can be done to fix this.  I've looked forward to flying the 747-400 in P3D V4 and am frustrated that I'm unable to load an exterior model while doing so.

2 minutes ago, Chuckers said:

Update -- I turned off Envshade, and the textures are still missing.  Is there any tweak that can be done to fix this.  I've looked forward to flying the 747-400 in P3D V4 and am frustrated that I'm unable to load an exterior model while doing so.

Turning off Envshade won't do enough. When you installed P3D, they instructed people to clear their shader cache. I don't have the instructions on hand, but a quick google should bring it up. Additionally, be sure you're on a stable driver version. Sounds like it could be a driver issue.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello

Just on the Shaders note.   The Topic below is a quick guide to locate your Shaders folder 

1 hour ago, Poppet said:

Just on the Shaders note.   The Topic below is a quick guide to locate your Shaders folder

Thanks Elaine.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello, I experienced the same thing today, here's a picture of what the aircraft looks like in the aircraft selection screen (I see the same thing in the sim as well).

x5FukOZ.jpg

This is the China Airlines Cargo repaint.  I have tried reinstalling the repaint and deleted my shaders, neither helped.

It looks like this is only impacting some repaints, I tried selecting the British Airways 747 and it loaded fine.

I'm using P3Dv4.1, according to the PMDG Operations centre my 747 is all up to date.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thank you for the input everyone!  Like Dave, I have now deleted the shaders folder and it did not fix my problem. The picture Dave displays is exactly how the 747s look in P3Dv4.1 on my computer in the preview pane.  The outside textures also look as shown in Dave's picture when I run the simulator.  I only have the China Air livery added, which looks as is shown in Dave's picture.  All of the PMDG livery aircraft look as displayed by Dave's picture.  Likewise, according to the PMDG Operations Center, my PMDG 747 drivers are all up to date.  I have also tried uninstallling and re-installing the most recent version of the 747-400 to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Continuing my exploration of this today, the Cathay Pacific Cargo -400F works fine, but the Korean Air Cargo -400F does not work on my system

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Just a thought out of the blue, do you use fs2crew?

If yes, have you updated to the latest version? There was an issue with a previous version causing the textures not loading correctly only on the 744.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I do, but I bought it fairly recently so I don’t think there have been any updates released since I bought it, but I will check.

Thanks

Dave Reage

Dave