Sign in to follow this  
Chuckers

Exterior Textures Not Loading in P3D v. 4.1

I don't use FS2Crew.  I uninstalled the 744 and FSDT GSX, deleted the shaders folder, and reinstalled both.  I continue to have no external textures for the PMDG 744.  Below is a screen shot of the PMDG 744 Livery.

2018-1-1_0-46-2-989_zpsxmlu6d12.jpg

None of the PMDG 744 house liveries display external textures on my machine.  Likewise, neither the British Airway or Delta Airway liveries display external textures.  I'm perplexed.

16 hours ago, Chuckers said:

I uninstalled the 744 and FSDT GSX, deleted the shaders folder, and reinstalled both. 

Reinstalling software usually creates more problems than it solves.  I asked if you see the 20 sec initialization countdown and I missed your reply if you had. If not then the problem is that something is preventing the PMDG module from running.

Normally, the lack of textures is a memory issue but that shouldn't be an issue with your system.  I recommend you submit a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support and include a link to this thread.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan,

The initialization does count down and the 744 does function in P3D.  The only deficiency  I am experiencing is that the exterior textures do not load.  I will submit a ticket as you suggest.  Thank you!

I submitted a ticket and received the following message:

Make sure that you have win10 fully upgraded.

We had some reports of this happening if there are to many entries in the sceneryaddon.xml. This is a known issue with P3dV4.1 and is fixed in 4.2. Can you check how many sceneries you have installed via the addon.xml way?

Chris Makris
Technical Support
PMDG Simulations, LLC
www.precisionmanuals.com

I have lots of sceneries installed.  So, I'm looking forward to the release of P3D v.4. :-)

Turns out for me it was a driver issue, the latest NVIDIA drivers fixed it for me.

Dave Reage

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU