Sign in to follow this  
markyharris

Auto Pilot Won't Couple in GPS Mode

Hi all,

The newest update (which is great since we can pop out the gauge now) of the Reality XP GNS 430 won't couple with the autopilot in GPS mode but does couple in VLOC mode. So if I fly a GPS approach to an airport and hit the "Nav" button on the Saitek autopilot, the "NAV" button blinks and the annunciator shows that its armed but not coupled. If I continue to the Final Approach Fix and hit the "APR" (Approach) button then both the "NAV" and "APR" lights blink and the annunciator shows that the approach is armed but not coupled. Interestingly the simulator responds as if it was properly coupled.

When I fly an ILS and I switch from "GPS" mode to "VLOC" mode, and press the "APR" button, then both "APR" and "NAV" lights come on solid and the annunciator shows that the approach is coupled, and the simulator responds as expected.

I've included a link to a video that shows the situation for both the GPS approach and VLOC ILS approach. Just click here;http://marhar98.100webspace.net/forum_pics/RXP_Issue.mp4

Thanks for your help.

IF you go into the XP RXP GNS menu is the 430 unit #1 set to Master Device=true?

You could also look in the ini file... example:

[GNS_430_1]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, Garmin_430_screen
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Have you also enabled the setting "Connect GPS to Autopilot" ?

And if not manually setting your HSI source selector to NAV1/NAV2/GPS, have you enabled "Connect CDI Mode to NAV/GPS" to make the GNS automatically switch NAV source upon CDI mode changes?

Last but not least, in case it is a third party aircraft with a custom autopilot, can you confirm it works or not with a default XPlane aircraft, like the Baron 58?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I will get back to you on your questions, I'm out of town this week. As soon as I'm home I'll verify that it works with the default X-Plane GNS.

Both the X-Plane default GNS and the RXP versions worked properly under the previous version before I updated, but I have not checked the default GNS since I've upgraded. So I will let you know.

BTW: Great job on getting the window to work on a different monitor. It really made it usable for me. I was also able to figure out how to update the nav data to sync with what I actually fly with. So now its doing exactly what I need for practicing approaches.

More to come.

12 hours ago, markyharris said:

I was also able to figure out how to update the nav data to sync with what I actually fly with. So now its doing exactly what I need for practicing approaches.

Do you mean you're updating the X-Plane DB to match the one in the GNS V2, or the reverse?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

The reverse. I have a subscription with Garmin for my Bonanza and figured out how to extract the nav data to put into the Garmin GNS 430/530 Trainer db directory so that my simulator matches the planes data. This really helps so I can practice approaches etc.

Mark

You might want to help another customer looking for the correct DB to purchase?

I've also PMed that guy

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |