Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

Low FPS on approach

I'll open by saying that I have an OK setup, nothing really high-end at all but passable for P3D. I've got all my settings turned down to the medium/normal range and dynamic lighting turned off.

I get decent FPS on the ground, during taxi/takeoff, and in the air. But on final approach into any add-on airport, my FPS often drops to the point where anything but an autoland is impossible.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Clear AI traffic during that period? Something else?

I personally have had no problems with FPS on approach in v4 since I turned off all shadows in the graphics option. What I used to do in FSX was pause the sim once the stutters started. In my case, they were being caused by the airport being loaded/drawn. Pausing for a few seconds, and waiting for the scenery to finish loading, and then continuing the approach had much better and smoother approaches.

7 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I personally have had no problems with FPS on approach in v4 since I turned off all shadows in the graphics option. What I used to do in FSX was pause the sim once the stutters started. In my case, they were being caused by the airport being loaded/drawn. Pausing for a few seconds, and waiting for the scenery to finish loading, and then continuing the approach had much better and smoother approaches.

Trouble is that won’t work flying on Vatsim or Pilotedge but if you fly offline it’s a good tip

Thomas Derbyshire

7 hours ago, cleonpack93 said:

I'll open by saying that I have an OK setup, nothing really high-end at all but passable for P3D. I've got all my settings turned down to the medium/normal range and dynamic lighting turned off.

I get decent FPS on the ground, during taxi/takeoff, and in the air. But on final approach into any add-on airport, my FPS often drops to the point where anything but an autoland is impossible.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot this? Clear AI traffic during that period? Something else?

What hardware you have?

4 hours ago, simbol said:

What hardware you have?

HP ProBook 450 G1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

8GB of RAM

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

10 minutes ago, cleonpack93 said:

HP ProBook 450 G1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

8GB of RAM

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

Well that explains it, your device is sadly not up to the task.

You need more processing power to be able to run PD3V4 smooth.

Check the recommended system specs from LM.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

28 minutes ago, cleonpack93 said:

HP ProBook 450 G1

8GB of RAM

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

Have you tried turning off all shadows in the graphics settings ? I had very poor framerates on a processor with similar clock speeds (2.6GHz). After turning them off, no more stutters.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Well that explains it, your device is sadly not up to the task.

You need more processing power to be able to run PD3V4 smooth.

Check the recommended system specs from LM.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

Except in everything but approach it is running just fine.

50 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

Have you tried turning off all shadows in the graphics settings ? I had very poor framerates on a processor with similar clock speeds (2.6GHz). After turning them off, no more stutters.

I'll give this a shot!

Just now, cleonpack93 said:

Except in everything but approach it is running just fine.

Yes, when the sim starts loading textures, lights, etc. of the airport you are about to land. 

Try disabling the shadows as suggested above, but your hardware is not great for PD3V4.

Simbol 

Turning off shadows and reducing tessellation to low has done the trick! At least coming into Flightbeam's KDEN. I need to try KSFO and the big mama (ImagineSim's KATL, which is an FPS killer on a good system) but it's crazy smooth now for the most part. And still looks a million times better than FSX lol

On 2017-12-25 at 9:56 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Turning off shadows and reducing tessellation to low has done the trick! At least coming into Flightbeam's KDEN. I need to try KSFO and the big mama (ImagineSim's KATL, which is an FPS killer on a good system) but it's crazy smooth now for the most part. And still looks a million times better than FSX lol

Can you please advise if those settings worked at ksfo?

i get the stutters on approach

with 2 titans in sli and i74790k at 4.7ghz 

ssd etc

settings are mod

the immersion sucks due to that on approach 

On 2017-12-25 at 9:56 PM, cleonpack93 said:

Can you please advise if those settings worked at ksfo?

i get the stutters on approach

with 2 titans in sli and i74790k at 4.7ghz 

ssd etc

settings are mod

the immersion sucks due to that on approach