Sign in to follow this  
pots

XP Public VR is out!

I was able to launch it once, after that X-Plane 11.20 beta just crashes.  So here's my setup: i5 with a GTX 1050ti running Windows 10 and 8GB of ram.  My VR headset is a Samsung Odyssey Microsoft Mixed Reality headset.  When I ran it the first time, it looked great, but when I move my head around the display shakes.  Otherwise it's smooth.  It almost appears that the refresh rate isn't set correctly.

If you're using a mixed reality HMD, could you share how you got it to work?

Thanks,

George

I also just bought samsung HMD.  I have a more powerful system though I7 8700k with 2 1080 in sli mode. I also installed the oculus software and vive software following a youtuber channel called "mixed reality tv". I flew the dreamfoil 407 and man I was blown away. I got motion sickness for the first time but flown a few more times and has not returned. It was butter smooth on medium settings.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dornier said:

I was able to launch it once, after that X-Plane 11.20 beta just crashes.  So here's my setup: i5 with a GTX 1050ti running Windows 10 and 8GB of ram.  My VR headset is a Samsung Odyssey Microsoft Mixed Reality headset.  When I ran it the first time, it looked great, but when I move my head around the display shakes.  Otherwise it's smooth.  It almost appears that the refresh rate isn't set correctly.

If you're using a mixed reality HMD, could you share how you got it to work?

Thanks,

George

Update.  I turned down the graphic settings to the lowest settings and it worked for two flight segments.  On my gaming laptop with a Samsung HMD, it flew smoothly, but with shaky video.  I need to figure out how to make the shaky video go away.  In either case, X-plane VR has great potential and flying the 737 was really cool.  I like the way the X-plane team integrated the controllers, but it was hard to manipulate overhead switches.  Then again, I couldn't see my controllers.  Maybe Oculus users can see their controllers while flying, but I can't.  

Anyone know how to decrease shaky video with a Microsoft Mixed Reality Headset?  Please let us know the best settings.

Thanks,

George

I can confirm that oculus controllers are viewable in vr, would be good if they allow a laser pointer for some areas. I set the sim up where it runs about 100 FPS in normal mode, then switch to Vr, butter smooth, but then I get stutters and when I vacate Vr mode it then runs at about 35-40 FPS, can’t see why the performance is getting slammed when I come out of Vr

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

On 31-12-2017 at 6:51 AM, dornier said:

Anyone know how to decrease shaky video with a Microsoft Mixed Reality Headset?  Please let us know the best settings.

it is currently not in the supported group, maybe you should share your experiences with the Laminar team.

On 31.12.2017 at 6:51 AM, dornier said:

A shaky video is usually the signal that you are getting insufficient fps. I'm pretty sure that the graphics power of a gaming notebook is insufficient to run this smoothly.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

17 hours ago, carlito777 said:

A shaky video is usually the signal that you are getting insufficient fps. I'm pretty sure that the graphics power of a gaming notebook is insufficient to run this smoothly.

A gtx 1050 is not a powerful video card...  surprised VR even runs with it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hello,Great news on native VR support,but am I to understand I need the rift hand controllers to  fly in VR? Will they eventually add support for Joysticks/Hotas/Rudder Pedals? Thank You.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

1 hour ago, Phantom88 said:

Hello,Great news on native VR support,but am I to understand I need the rift hand controllers to  fly in VR? Will they eventually add support for Joysticks/Hotas/Rudder Pedals? Thank You.

You can use joystick/pedals/etc. (of course :-) ), but for now the mouse cannot be used in VR. So cockpit buttons can only be operated with rift controllers, with the keyboard, or assigning them to some joystick button.

As far as I understand, they are implementing VR mouse support for the next betas.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

10 hours ago, Murmur said:

You can use joystick/pedals/etc. (of course :-) ), but for now the mouse cannot be used in VR. So cockpit buttons can only be operated with rift controllers, with the keyboard, or assigning them to some joystick button.

As far as I understand, they are implementing VR mouse support for the next betas.

I see,Thank You.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick