Sign in to follow this  
Nighthwk

FlyTampa Boston, Las Vegas, and Saba releasing in early 2018

20 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

FlyTampa has announced that Boston, Las Vegas, and Saba are all expected to release in early 2018 having been not quite ready for a Christmas release.

https://fselite.net/previews/new-flytampa-previews-boston-saba-airport/

i really want to know what early 2018 means since almost all the developers are saying that they are going to release their products in early 2018, i hope it means January.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Lbt564 said:

i really want to know what early 2018 means since almost all the developers are saying that they are going to release their products in early 2018, i hope it means January.

Some have specified, like Leonardo, but some haven’t. If I were to guess, I’d say either January or February but March might be a possibility for some. Any later in the year and I wouldn’t consider that “early” 2018.

2 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

If I were to guess, I’d say either January or February but March might be a possibility for some. Any later in the year and I wouldn’t consider that “early” 2018.

I would absolutely agree with Milton's perspective. All developers may have their own opinion on it, but the one that matters most is that of the customer.

mike

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I am all in for Boston.  Vegas I have FSDT so no need to update.  

I'll wait and see on the Vegas as I have the FSDT version too. So many airports to choose from I wish they had chosen a location not already done by another good developer. KABQ, KELP or KTUS would have been nice if George wanted to stay out west.

RE Thomason Jr.

Maybe they'll get around to updating their other airports for p3dv4 while they're at it.  I know the patches are out there to do the conversion but a dedicated installer would be nice.

Lon Duncombe

• Upvote 1

Dont worry Drzewiecki, aerosoft and mk studios will along any minute with another version as well soon enough, meanwhile joburg is begging to be done(after aerosoft canned it) , you couldnt ask for a better golden egg to land on a developers doormat, but they will fight over scraps as normal 

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

18 minutes ago, tooting said:

Dont worry Drzewiecki, aerosoft and mk studios will along any minute with another version as well soon enough, meanwhile joburg is begging to be done(after aerosoft canned it) , you couldnt ask for a better golden egg to land on a developers doormat, but they will fight over scraps as normal 

Still don’t get why a ton of devs are all of a sudden interested in the Canary Islands. I agree, though hopefully any other scenery dev would realize that they can’t really top FlyTampa. Rumors are that officials at Johannesburg airport wanted a bribe to allow Aerosoft to photograph it, but of course Mathijs refused, and they stonewalled them ever since. Those are just rumors, though. Could also be the reason why Cape Town hasn’t been made yet to a high standard.

Common you can find pictures anywhere, worse case you could ask some tourists to take the pictures for you.

There is always ways, I cannot believe this is the reason.

Simbol 

Agreed! Even a “pretty good” Joburg would do a brisk business, seeing as it’s literally one of the last big hubs worldwide that hasn’t already been done (Beijing being the other one that jumps to mind). Of course, I’d like to see an “excellent” one rather than “pretty good,” but...

James

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, simbol said:

I see, get a guy with a superb camera (paparazzi hunting) and you get all the pictures you need from very far distances.

Screw paying for that.

Simbol 

Doubt the South Africans work like that, and if they found out they’d be livid. Besides, I doubt  you could pay most people enough to venture outside of the airport grounds in the first place:laugh: 

3 hours ago, honanhal said:

Beijing being the other one that jumps to mind).

Isn’t A_A working on one? ZBAA, correct?

39 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

Doubt the South Africans work like that, and if they found out they’d be livid. Besides, I doubt  you could pay most people enough to venture outside of the airport grounds in the first place:laugh: 

lol, true but paparazzi's can take pictures miles away m8 and they always escape lamao.

S.

• Upvote 1