Sign in to follow this  
sgerfen

Saitek yoke freezing during flight

Hi everyone,

Installed the Logitech drivers for the yoke. During flight, at various times, the yoke freezes and won’t respond. I did recently install a new 1080ti. I am wondering if this is creating a power issue. I have a 750w power source. I have the yoke plugged directly into the pc. Maybe i need to try a powered usb hub. However, I’ve never had any problems before. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you addressed Windows Advanced Power Management?  Its a known issue with Saitek products. https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A000073Xou5SAC/saitek-pro-flight-yoke-disconnection-windows-10-64bit  Do a search for "Saitek" and "Windows Advanced Power Management".  Or for "SaitekUSBFix" You should find a small .exe program that will change the Windows Registry settings to disable the feature for Saitek products. 

Also, in Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices, locate the yoke among the devices by disconnecting and then reconnecting it. Then check that device's Properties/Power Management.  If selected then unselect.  May need to reboot afterwards. 

Really hope that is your issue and that this will solve it.  That from personal experience.

Merry Christmas!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

So, I tried with a powered usb hub and disabled power management as suggest. Still have the issue. It's strange because the sound briefly cuts out and comes back and then the yoke has no control and the time freezes. Even updated Realtek sound drivers. Didn't help. The only thing that's different was the installation of a new video card. Drivers updated.

Did you find and run the "SaitekUSBFix.exe" fix?  The power draw from USB is a fraction of the power supply output of 750W.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Good luck. My issues with my Saitek products was more with their Multipanel. But the issue clearly turned out to be the Windows APM.  The Multipanel was most often USB connected to the ports on the back of the yoke. My yoke stayed live for flights, but the multipanel would die. Turned after some frustration that the panel functions did not die, but just the display.  I added the Saitek brand power supply to the yoke, and unbelievably the multipanel display actually started out very dim before going dark.  Without the power supply the panel display was bright before eventually going dark.  It seemed to make no sense.  That was under Windows 7.

I upgraded to Windows 10 and had multiple issues I do not have time to detail here. The yoke/multipanel issue and the accessory power supply issues continued.  I was able at times to power the multipanel from a separate powered hub, but still experienced occasional blackouts.  The continued issues led to the discovery of the advanced power management problem.  In my new system, when I applied the .exe fix and made the selections in Device Manager, the issues vanished.  Not only vanished, but I then found I could connect my multipanel to the yoke's USB hub, with NO power supply, and it became and continues as perfect.  No need for the accessory power supply.  What a difference!

I sincerely hope you find a solution.  I know the frustration.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

i actually have the same problem with my yoke any fix for it? pls it is so annyoing and it happens almost everytime when i'm so close to land like 20-50 meters and my yoke just freezing and the green light on the yoke "mode 1-3 and the clock light if you didn't understand what i mean" still lights but i can't control it anymore then i need to pause my flight and unplug and replug the USB in my pc then it works again but it is so annoying when it happens that much time and even when i'm so close to land i'm line the runway up and my yoke freeze and i miss the controll and the whole flight is like trash. 

sorry for my english and grammar i know it is too word not allowed. :(

32 minutes ago, ibrahim280901 said:

i actually have the same problem with my yoke any fix for it? pls it is so annyoing and it happens almost everytime when i'm so close to land like 20-50 meters and my yoke just freezing and the green light on the yoke "mode 1-3 and the clock light if you didn't understand what i mean" still lights but i can't control it anymore then i need to pause my flight and unplug and replug the USB in my pc then it works again but it is so annoying when it happens that much time and even when i'm so close to land i'm line the runway up and my yoke freeze and i miss the controll and the whole flight is like trash. 

sorry for my english and grammar i know it is too word not allowed. 😞

Sounds like the yoke is going into power saving mode. Open Device Manager and find all your USB hubs. Right click each hub, choose Properties and select the Power Management tab. Uncheck the box that allows the device to save power.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

hi. 

i actually got the idea after posting, but i haven't tried to make a flight because i haven't time i was in work, i will try it maybe tommorow. I think it should be the issue it sounds realistic for me as you said the same. Thanks for the help. 🙂

1 hour ago, ibrahim280901 said:

didn't work 😞

Uninstall the Logitech drivers. They’re not needed. Use the default Windows ones.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

35 minutes ago, ibrahim280901 said:

I'm not too sure where i can find the "Logitech drivers" device manager and...?

If you’ve installed any Logitech software it will be listed in Control Panel - Programs. Highlight it and uninstall.

I don’t have any Logitech software installed and my hardware works fine.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather