Sign in to follow this  
BiTRiP

"Distorted" panel texture PMDG when using flood light

Hello,

Since a month I stepped over from FSX to P3D and it's awesome! Certainly with almost everything in ultra settings 4K with my GTX1080.

The only weird thing is when using the flood panel lights in dark situations. The textures get somewhat distorted.

As I said, I have everything in in ultra settings (also dynamic light with HDR) and using 4K resolution. Are these textures normal with P3D?

I don't remember I had this in FSX.

Here are some examples. The last picture shows flood lights off (only emergency light is on). It looks fine then.

Thanks, BiTRiP

315h9v8.jpg

15f65a8.jpg

2njzs00.jpg

2j2f861.jpg

I've always had that same issue as well.  Best i can say is adjust the light levels until its not so noticeable.

Yep, happens here as well.  As you adjust light intensity up and down, the moire pattern changes.  I try and find the most solid looking pattern, but the effect still shows through.  I've just gotten used to it.

• Upvote 1

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Just out of interest does this happen on the 747 or the 777. Just wondered if it is an old texture issue as the 737 is getting on a bit.

Chris

Hey Chris.  I haven't noticed it on the B744 or B777.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes, I had the same light problem. I turned HDR lightning OFF and resolved. I will go back to HDR settings to see if I get better results.

The new issue found is the PFD won't pop up as the others gauge as EICAS does.....from PMDG 747 and 777.

Patricio Valdes

41 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

The new issue found is the PFD won't pop up as the others gauge as EICAS does.....from PMDG 747 and 777.

This might be what you're referring to.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/516189-28jul17-updates-for-737-747-777-and-finally-the-pmdg-737-600700-expansion-is-available/

P3D Captain PFD pop-up CTD protection has been added to all three product lines.  Since we have been unsuccessful in our efforts to convince Lockheed Martin to evaluate this CTD seriously, we have locked out the ability to use the CA's PFD as a pop-up display, but we included an option in the PMDG Options menu within the FMS that allows the user to Opt-In to having this popup work.  (NOTE:  This particular CTD, for those who do not know, affects a small percentage of users who use the CA PFD as a popup, but the CTD doesn't happen until you have been flying somewhere between 3-8 hours of actual elapsed time.  This CTD began to appear in P3D v3.1 after Lockheed Martin pushed that update- and no root cause has been found after literally thousands of hours of tests internally at PMDG- so we took this step in order to minimize the number of customers affected by it without realizing the cause...)

12 hours ago, bills511 said:

but the CTD doesn't happen until you have been flying somewhere between 3-8 hours of actual elapsed time.

Happy New Year 2018. The CTD would occur 3-8hrs (actual time, not sim-time) into a flight if the user made any use of the Captain's PFD as a "pop up" display by clicking on the left PFD. I went tp FMC Options, Performance and found PFD empty. I entered 15 but nothing happen. I think I am missing something. Any ideas?

Patricio Valdes

1 hour ago, trisho0 said:

Happy New Year 2018. The CTD would occur 3-8hrs (actual time, not sim-time) into a flight if the user made any use of the Captain's PFD as a "pop up" display by clicking on the left PFD. I went tp FMC Options, Performance and found PFD empty. I entered 15 but nothing happen. I think I am missing something. Any ideas?

To enable Capt's PFD go to PMDG Setup - Options - Simulation - page 1/4 - line 5 - Disable Capt PFD Pop-up. Yes or No.

2 hours ago, bills511 said:

To enable Capt's PFD go to PMDG Setup - Options - Simulation - page 1/4 - line 5 - Disable Capt PFD Pop-up. Yes or No.

Thanks, great help it worked in both 747 and T7. I popup Capt PFD only to take-off and only preparing to land. I wonder now after 3-8 hours flight time if I popup the Captain's PFD just for preparing to land will be CTD?

Patricio Valdes

On 2017-12-26 at 1:21 AM, tutmeister said:

I don't know the reason but it's always done that for me.

Chris

Hi! I solved my similar issue by ticking the "Mipmap". 

How to set P3D v4 images graphic same as FSX? I noticed FSX shows me high resolution better than P3Dv4. Any ideas?

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, trisho0 said:

How to set P3D v4 images graphic same as FSX? I noticed FSX shows me high resolution better than P3Dv4. Any ideas?

That is actually where this topic is all about. (if you mean the panel graphics)

10 hours ago, BiTRiP said:

That is actually where this topic is all about. (if you mean the panel graphics)

I mean all, panel and ground scenery. For now I disabled HDR and it is very close as FSX.

Patricio Valdes