Sign in to follow this  
BiTRiP

"Distorted" panel texture PMDG when using flood light

It's always done that for me as well. I believe it's because PMDG uses a new panel texture for the "lighted" panel instead of an actual light source? Or something like that.

I've never tried to disable HDR to test it - I'll try that tonight and see if it helps.

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

It still happens on my system with HDR off.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Have you tried disabling mipmapping already? I'm going to try that tonight when I'm home.

Don't know if it effects quality a lot though.

You guys aren't going to get rid of it. It is a quirk of images rendered using GDI+. Got something to do with the interpolation modes used. I am not sure if it occurs on their newer aircraft like the 777 or 747. I ran into the same behavior when I used GDI+ for the cockpit lighting on the Milviz F-86 and 407 (an attempt to get rid of it was what led to DX11 although other factors were involved there as well).

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion