Sign in to follow this  
graemeb

garmin trainer download problem (slow internet)

I have just purchased the GTN750, but am having a problem with the installation. After the initial setup screens I am getting a dialog box with "GARMIN" on the top right corner, and the message "Acquiring Trainer Launcher", and a progress bar that has not moved in two hours. I assume this a problem with downloading from the Garmin website and may be out of RealityXP control, but is there another way to directly download this software? I am running on Windows 7.1 64bit.

EDIT: The download finally completed, but it was very slow!

Graeme Butler

Glad you got it in the end. In case, the download link displays in the readme file during installation (this readme file also installs in:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP\GTN Simulation\FltSim\Readme.rtf"

It says:

Please ensure Prepar3d or Flight Simulator is not running during the installation. Setup guides you through all the steps necessary to install the product and its components.

The first time the product installs, setup downloads the Garmin GTN Trainer software installer from the Reality XP servers for your convenience, and save a copy on your hard drive. Should you need to reinstall the product and/or the Garmin Trainer, setup will offer the choice to use the saved Garmin Trainer installer directly from your hard drive or to download a new copy.

The latest compatible trainer installer link is:
http://download.garmin.com/software/GarminTrainerSetup_2000.exe

The previous trainer installer link is:
http://download.garmin.com/software/GTN_GDU620PCTrainer_6211.zip

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)