Sign in to follow this  
Airbus

Problem with Lear 35A Immersion Effects

Just recently purchased the Lear 35A immersion effects product and tried it out tonight.  I was really impressed with the youtube movie showing all the effects!. :biggrin:  I looked for the startup smoke effect here at KBWI at a daytime setting with the temperature below freezing and did not see any effects.  I then changed to nighttime and with all aircraft lights on I saw no "volumetric" landing or recognition lighting during the entire flight.  I did not check for other effects until I could resolve the current issues.  I also checked the new aircraft config file and noticed all the changes that were made by FSFX.

I must be doing something wrong.  I am using FSX with Flysimware Lear 35A version 3.0.

Thanks for any help!

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

Hi Al,

Yeah - have this pack as well... Disco lights - seriously ? LOL - I think they removed them from P3Dv4 and they're not missed by me...

As for the volumetric landing lights - I think you need to be flying through clouds or precip to see them... The biggest noticeable improvement the package offered was removing the "always on" 3D light bloom that Flysimware made for the model - never a fan of seeing that in daylight...

Personally - I thought the package was a way overpriced for what you gained on the Lear... It cost more than you could buy the entire plane for when on sale...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

8 hours ago, Airbus said:

Just recently purchased the Lear 35A immersion effects product and tried it out tonight.  I was really impressed with the youtube movie showing all the effects!. :biggrin:  I looked for the startup smoke effect here at KBWI at a daytime setting with the temperature below freezing and did not see any effects.  I then changed to nighttime and with all aircraft lights on I saw no "volumetric" landing or recognition lighting during the entire flight.  I did not check for other effects until I could resolve the current issues.  I also checked the new aircraft config file and noticed all the changes that were made by FSFX.

I must be doing something wrong.  I am using FSX with Flysimware Lear 35A version 3.0.

Thanks for any help!

Al

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Looks like things are getting a little better regarding the volumetric lighting effect!  I actually read some of the user's manual, duh!!  The manual has a metar that I entered into my weather program to demonstrate the lighting effect. So I entered the low visibility one into my ASN.  I also had to use either night, dusk or dawn to see the effect  Here is what I saw at dusk:

https://pix.sfly.com/u_hQX8

The lighting effect looks a little too bright for me. Also there are these strange light beams that extend from the shaft of bright lighting. It looks weird from the cockpit!  I thought the volumetric lighting would look like the video on the FSFX packages website!  Is there anyway to fix this?  Is there a setting in FSX  that I need to change? 

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:22 AM, scottb613 said:

Hi Al,

I think they removed them from P3Dv4 and they're not missed by me...

I was browsing around for that...  Know why were the lights removed?   I was about to make a picture and realized were not active at all in the VFX Central...

Thanks...

Raphael Chacón

158745.png

FLYSIMWARE-SM#1378797 RXP750-#1533812 RXP530-#1526291 RXP430-#1543520 

FS2C #43560 #52175 #68068 #68152 #69299 #71201 #72243 #105040 SM#1325481

PMDG #60260 #73469 #144746 #194702 #196953 #230831 #236231 #251801 #266742 #336381  #397556