Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

WX Advantage Update - how to?

Rex/Milviz recently published an update for their WX Advantage radar, and they recommend that the addon should be uninstalled before upgrading. 

Then, when upgrading, they again recommend that you should use the WX Configuration app to remove the unity from the airplanes which it is installed, before going further on the installation. 

That is quite easy to do with non-retrofitted aircraft. 

How are we supposed to act on upgrading the WX Advantage on the Lear 35A?

Regards

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

3 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Rex/Milviz recently published an update for their WX Advantage radar, and they recommend that the addon should be uninstalled before upgrading. 

Then, when upgrading, they again recommend that you should use the WX Configuration app to remove the unity from the airplanes which it is installed, before going further on the installation. 

That is quite easy to do with non-retrofitted aircraft. 

How are we supposed to act on upgrading the WX Advantage on the Lear 35A?

Do not remove the unit, because it never has been added by the WX gauge installer in the first place.

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I think I just ran the REX updater utility - and it "automagically" updated everything and worked without issue... I've tested on both my preinstalled Flysimware aircraft - and those where I installed the gauges manually - all good...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi guys,

Next time I will try the magic updater. I did not remove the WX from the Lear 35A, but did it for the other aircraft. This last update, don’t know why, made a mess in the fsx.cfg and I had to redo lots of old permissions FSX had for ages. 

Thanks and seasons greetings,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg