Sign in to follow this  
RetardRetard

Santa was nice - going VR

So my wife really loves me... got an Oculus Rift Bundle for Xmas and I've just ordered the rig which I hope will run it properly in the sim.

5300424 Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7 GHz 12MB
5403275 ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB STRIX GAMING OC
4300301 Samsung 960 EVO 250GB
1900464 ASUS PRIME Z370-P
5310200 Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Vengeance
6308848 Noctua NH-D15
6910014 Fractal Design Define R5
6911980 Corsair RM750x 750W
9130015 Windows 10 Home 

• Upvote 1

Nice gift! 

I also have the Rift but on a weaker system for the moment

i5 6600K @ 4.6ghz 

gtx 1070 

16GB RAM

I just ordered the I7 8700K today because even if the VR is amazing like this, I’m too bottlenecks by my CPU

And maybe that after I’ll go for a 1080Ti 

but don’t worry because even like this, I don’t have everything maxed out but it’s incredibly better than in 2D :p

and with luck on Friday I’ll receive my new CPU so I’ll let you know how good it is with this power :p

Try to get the 8700K to run at 4.2Ghz or better - should be a Turbo Boost setting. Make sure to try Aerofly FS2 in addition to P3D or FSX with FlyInside.

FS2 has excellent VR performance and supports it out of the box. I still prefer a Thrustmaster Hotas X or better for the joystick/throttle with VR.

Make sure you use an HDMI connection for the Rift and USB3 ports for the sensors. Also have at least one additional regular monitor - I have three total along with the Rift - I use Display Port to DVI-D ( or HDMI) passive (cheap) adapters for the monitors.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Having all of the civilian and military flight-sims, I believe the XP11 native VR experience is one the best and has the most potential. It is really that good, specially with a high end rig! The usage of the oculus controls and other functionalities implemented just for VR make it really shine. 

Try it out!

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I agree with Braun, Xp11 native VR is the best experience you can have now in flight simming, although is still in beta and as bugs is the best you can have now, second P3d with flyinside, also as bugs but flyinside is a great software, last for me is Aerofly FS2, there are many users that have a good experience with it but was not my case, have to stay that when i try(before i asked a refund) i dint have my current GPU, it was a 980ti, and the performance was very poor to me.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

@dmarques69,

Maybe you had some incorrect settings for Aerofly FS2 VR mode - like frame sync(should be off for VR) or something else like maybe the SuperSampling (Render Scale Factor/Pixel Density) was set higher than 1.5 - because any of us with 4.0Ghz 4-core or better Intel CPU and at least an Nvidia 1060 6gb are getting greater than 200 FPS on a single HD monitor and therefore great 90 fps in VR mode. Flying through a photoreal highres city like ORBX Innsbruck, Switzerland or through the Grand Canyon is a great low altitude VFR experience in VR. Native P3Dv4 VR is reasonable now but is slower in FPS and will stutter with any kind of maneuvering. I will try XPlane 11 Native VR now (demo version) - didn't like the FlyInside version.

Another high performance VR experience is Combat Air Patrol 2 (early access) which allows you to fly the Harrier AV-8.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2