Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

Is VR coming?

With XP11 adding native VR, every major FS on the market currently has a native implementation of this technology (P3D, XP, Aerofly FSII, DCS, IL2, etc.).

Is VR coming to FSW? I would gladly give this sim a shot, but I cannot fly using the monitor anymore.

Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

Then it`s not for you at the moment as it`s not at the top of there to do list, when it comes out of early access who knows.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Given how long it's taken X-Plane to include native VR (and it's still only available as a preview), expecting FSW to include it this early in its early-access phase is a little unreasonable. DTG have said that they will look at it when all of the core functions are sorted.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Well, Aerofly FS2 was in Early-Access until very recently and its VR implementation has been one of the best since the beginning. Priorities, I guess.

Thanks

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 minute ago, GCBraun said:

Well, Aerofly FS2 was in Early-Access until very recently and its VR implementation has been one of the best since the beginning. Priorities, I guess.

But it lacks a lot of features, even now, that FSW already has. Significant compromises have been made with FS2: poor ATC, no AI, fairly basic aircraft with few systems which operate, no weather or seasons and very limited world coverage.  As you say, different priorities.

• Upvote 2

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

22 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

But it lacks a lot of features, even now, that FSW already has. Significant compromises have been made with FS2: poor ATC, no AI, fairly basic aircraft with few systems which operate, no weather or seasons and very limited world coverage.  As you say, different priorities.

Also no night lighting, no water masking or wave animations, no ground traffic, no rain or snow, no seasons, etc etc etc. It's a VR game, and an excellent one, nothing more nothing less. 

I think it's much more wise to build a good sim and make it vr compatible than the other way around. 

• Upvote 4

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Well, this is not meant to be a comparison thread with Aerofly, which is a completely new platform and not an FSX-based simulator. In any case, thanks for the feedback. I assume there is no indication that VR will come to FSW anytime soon. 

Just now, GCBraun said:

Well, this is not meant to be a comparison thread with Aerofly, which is a completely new platform and not an FSX-based simulator.  

Wrong. It's called Aerofly FS "2" for a reason.

It's predecessor, from which it remains largely unchanged aside from new regions and planes, was released over 5 years ago. They also have a number of RC flight simulation platforms known as Aerofly RC. So technically, they have a bigger head start than FSW in terms of platform development and their early access is progressing much more slowly. 

• Upvote 1

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

I expect they will add VR later. They want to get all the core systems in first. You need a solid 90 FPS for the least number of people getting motion sickness. They are still working on the weather system. There are a large number of systems that are not implemented yet or are placeholders. What they have done so far is looking good, but they have a long ways to go. I doubt we will see VR in 2018.

7 hours ago, tutmeister said:

Yep, for a while now, you just select it like it is a different camera view.

Chris

That makes me think it wouldn't be that hard for DTG to implement it down the road.

Stephen Hood (Dovetail) previously responded, quote: - "I personally love VR and this is something I think we can do great things with in the future. Watch this space"!

On 12/26/2017 at 3:00 PM, TheFlightSimGuy said:

Wrong. It's called Aerofly FS "2" for a reason.

It's predecessor, from which it remains largely unchanged aside from new regions and planes, was released over 5 years ago. They also have a number of RC flight simulation platforms known as Aerofly RC. So technically, they have a bigger head start than FSW in terms of platform development and their early access is progressing much more slowly. 

There's quite a bit of incorrect information in there...

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

1 hour ago, HiFlyer said:

There's quite a bit of incorrect information in there...

Such as?

• Upvote 1