Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Opinion on vFlyteAir Piper Arrow III and JustFlight Piper Arrow III?

Anyone can offer an opinion?  The vFlyteAir version has just been updated to version 5.0 with full XP-11 support and Reality XP GTN 650.  It is also much lower price than the JustFlight version (even with the current sale price).  The vFlyteAir also has the Aspen as well.  I obviously don't want to get both.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

No taker?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Have both and more than 200 hours in Arrows as a PIC. I have not tried v5 because is not available at PC Aviator as of today. VFlyteAir's v4 is excellent and goes on sale often.

Right now the JF Arrow is on sale and at the price it's a steal. Worth every penny and a must have for GA enthusiasts. I just wish they would get rid of the skid sound. It's awful to my sensitive ears. I still highly recommend it.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

52 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Have both and more than 200 hours in Arrows as a PIC. I have not tried v5 because is not available at PC Aviator as of today. VFlyteAir's v4 is excellent and goes on sale often.

Right now the JF Arrow is on sale and at the price it's a steal. Worth every penny and a must have for GA enthusiasts. I just wish they would get rid of the skid sound. It's awful to my sensitive ears. I still highly recommend it.

So if one can only buy one, you would recommend the JF version?

Vu Pham

I recommend the vFlyteAir Arrow, because she is nearly perfect, but still gets free updates. I´m not sure about the update policy of JF. I have all vFlyteAir aircraft and i can recommend all of them, because they are unique and their support is the best and unlike Carenado, where you have to pay for XP11 versions.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

So if one can only buy one, you would recommend the JF version?

Yes.

On 12/27/2017 at 7:25 AM, DJJose said:

Yes.

Thanks.  I have decided to go with vFlyteAir version.  It is much better supported by the developer.  I may pick up the JustFlight Turbo Arrow later, since vFlyteAir does not make that one.

Vu Pham

I have both, and just yesterday updated to the new version of the vFlyteair Arrow.

Both are very very good aircraft in XP11!   The JF model is perhaps slightly more polished in terms of visuals.  The vFlyteair flies a little nicer in my opinion.  Both have good FMOD sounds but the engine sounds on the vFlyteair are a little lacklustre.

Although the JF is a little more polished, the VFA just 'feels' that bit more authentic, so I'd personally put that one in the lead, but only by the hair of a horse!

Ultimately you can't go wrong with either.

• Upvote 2

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

5 hours ago, Anxu00 said:

Thanks.  I have decided to go with vFlyteAir version.  It is much better supported by the developer.  I may pick up the JustFlight Turbo Arrow later, since vFlyteAir does not make that one.

That's a good idea. Enjoy!

It is much better supported by the developer

It's not my place to get involved in these sorts of discussions, but I'd just like to quickly point out that there is no shortage of support from us for our product. We don't charge for service packs, we actively engage with users via several forums and our own website, have a full-time support team etc.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

• Upvote 1

Martyn - Just Flight

That's a reasonably honest reply

ive got an honest question -

what makes your product stand above the competition ? (Prospective buyer here)@Martyn JF

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I’ve hesitated to weigh in, because I don’t have the vFlyte Arrow, just the JF (both regular and the new Turbo). But I do have several of vFlyte's older planes: several of the Cherokees, the Traveler, and the Tiger. 

Haven't had a need for support for the JF Arrow. I have needed support for the Cherokees, and got it promptly, from the dev himself. 

I like vFlyte's stuff. They work hard to model these planes realistically, and they own and fly several real Cherokees. Its a small shop, and I find their products a little rougher around the edges, not as slick an interface, and just a tad rougher graphics. But very solid stuff. I suspect their newer Arrow and Comanche are top notch. 

The JF Arrows are the best GA planes I have, comparing favorably with the best Areobask and Thranda have to offer. It’s just superbly done, from interface, graphics, the feel of the flight model. I have a bit of Arrow time and this model nails it. Very fun to fly. Very good performance on my system. A little better than the vFlyte birds. 

I don’t think you’ll go wrong either way, and I can’t make a direct comparison. But I’m very happy with the JF Arrows.  It’s the coherence of the total package. They have that polished quality that keeps me turning to them when I open the hangar doors and choose what to fly. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the reply....  the turbo arrow is looking pretty good.  But I bought SF for P3D so I need to wait a little.... and then the CS 757 beta came out lol.

P3D vs XP - does get a little pricey!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I haven't bought a thing for P3D in forever now.  Just doesn't stack up against XP for me.