Sign in to follow this  
Gary M Buska

NAV DATA OUT OF DATE ON NEWLY BOUGHT PACKAGE

Hello all

I am a new comer to this site and need a little help I just bought this aircraft a week ago and I notice that I get a NAV DATA OUT OF DATE MSG on my FMC.

I thought this would come with the latest NAV cycle I do not see why I should have to purchase an update from navigraph ?

11 minutes ago, Gary M Buska said:

Hello all

I am a new comer to this site and need a little help I just bought this aircraft a week ago and I notice that I get a NAV DATA OUT OF DATE MSG on my FMC.

I thought this would come with the latest NAV cycle I do not see why I should have to purchase an update from navigraph ?

Please sign your posts with your real name first and last as per forum regulations. I know that you have it on your username but it is needed to be below your posts.

Regarding your question each product comes with the Airac of when it was released. so for NGX I believe this is 1108. The Airac is not provided by us but by Navigraph. It is not possible for various reasons to have the latest Airac on each product.

• Upvote 2

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Sorry about the missing signature I was not aware it was required. I have added my signature of course my screen name is my real name but no problem

I know that the Airc comes from Navigraph but you got this cycle somehow.

I have purchased aircraft form other companies and they all allowed the buyer a one time pass to Navigraph so that way they could download the latest AIRC I am surprised that you do not do this 

To say I am disappointed is a huge under statement to say the least

considering the price I paid I did not expect this to happen so soon but it is what it is. I had heard a lot of good things about PMDG and thought I would give you a try but now regret my decision.

then you will miss out on a lot of great other products? Companies providing a one path to navigraph? which one?

Really, it is completely fine to fly with that airac, otherwise, a one time buy from navigraph is nothing :)

I get how you think! it is just how it is :)

Victor Roos

It would be a pain for every company to rebuild there installer every time an updated airac cycle came out. Unless your flying on VATSIM I wouldn’t worry about the Navdata.

Only workaround would be if there was a one time code to update to the latest cycle, but than that would expire and people would complain again why they have to buy the latest Airac.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Gary M Buska said:

You can purchase a single cycle from Navigraph for a very small sum.  An advantage is that you have the same navdata as used in the Tutorials.  I recommend you fly both tutorials then pass judgement on the product.

Dan Downs KCRP

Btw: using the latest airac without using an up-to-date fsx/p3d database will get you in problems again... like the ILS not captured, VORs not tuned, and so on... so expecting a new airac on a newly purchased product is anything but productive... you would be forced to buy a new p3d database.

13 hours ago, Gary M Buska said:

I have purchased aircraft form other companies and they all allowed the buyer a one time pass to Navigraph so that way they could download the latest AIRC I am surprised that you do not do this 

Name one that sells with the current AIRC or does as you say and provides a one time pass? Ive been in this hobby 30 years and own just about every major release and Ive never came across this! 

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

13 hours ago, Gary M Buska said:

Name one company that does this, in all my years buying addons, I have never seen this happen.

glyn jones

• Upvote 1

I, with the others here it seems, and incredibly interested in hearing about all of these other developers who do this...

Please, do tell!

Kyle Rodgers

its a well kept  secret:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

16 hours ago, Wise87 said:

Unless your flying on VATSIM I wouldn’t worry about the Navdata.

Agreed.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Gary M Buska said:

Sorry about the missing signature I was not aware it was required.

https://imgur.com/GhhpOS0

Spoiler alert, it's right at the top of the page.

A few years ago I purchased A B737 NGX it came from Aerosoft and they provided me a link that allowed me to download the latest Airc Cycle But that was at least 5 or 6 years ago and maybe even longer not sure, and it is quite possible that this is no longer something that can be done. As I stated it is what it is and it is not that big of a deal. I was just disappointed. If I had known that the AIRC cycle had changed I would have waited to have bought this product. I would think that PMDG would at least update there installers once a year.

I will purchase a 30 day license form Navigraph.

But the crazy thing is I also purchased a CRJ600/700 from just flight and the Airc cycle on that was the latest cycle and this was bought before the B737.

I guess it is up to each company as to how often to update things of this nature.

I never intended to act that this was not a good product as I absolutely love it. Like I said I was just disappointed next time i will pay closer attention as to what cycle is included

3 hours ago, Gary M Buska said:

A few years ago I purchased A B737 NGX it came from Aerosoft and they provided me a link that allowed me to download the latest Airc Cycle

That's weird because to my knowledge, the only NGX sold by Aerosoft is the one from PMDG.

3 hours ago, Gary M Buska said:

CRJ600/700 from just flight

CRJ700/900 you mean? There is no such thing as CRJ 600. Which developer?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.