Sign in to follow this  
FLY757X

P3D v3.4 not running as expected (GTX1070 and more ram is running as a downgrade)

Hi Folks!

Hope you all had a great Christmas! A few months back I purchased a GTX1070 to replace by old GTX960 2GB MSI model. My Overall performance was decreased slightly (and unexpectedly) and stutters become very evident. For Christmas I also got new Ram. 16GB of 2400mhz and installed it into my computer. This went well and I reinstalled windows and P3D to find about a 40% reduction in performance in almost all situations. For example before my new RAM I roughly got 45-50fps at UK2000 EGAA (In the AS A320) which isn't all that FPS Intensive and stutter inducing. Now I'm struggling to scrape 30fps and it's a really stuttery 30fps. I'm just wondering is there anything that could potentially help my new installation of my OS and P3D too boost the Sim up to what it was atleast. I'm looking for a smooth sim but for me I find that easier to achieve with 35+fps in situations like this.

My System is:

i7 4790k @4.5GHz

Palit Dual GTX1070

16gb of Corsair Vengence @2400mhz

My GPU usage is only maxing at 40% so this could be the issue I feel.

I agree your hardware should give you a better experience.

A couple of questions:

1) do you have Nvidia Inspector? It might have settings that were for the previous video card, try deleting any Nvidia profile.

2) have you uninstalled all the previous video drivers and updated Nvidia drivers to the latest version?

3) Can you check your current video card? Check the temps be sure if not throttling back. Check also any software that came with the video card and verify that it is configured for max performance.

Lets start with these suggestions first.

Simbol 

21 minutes ago, FLY757X said:

I'm just wondering is there anything that could potentially help my new installation of my OS and P3D too boost the Sim up to what it was atleast.

Are you sure none of your sliders or settings changed?

1 minute ago, Milton Waddams said:

Are you sure none of your sliders or settings changed?

Sorry mate after a few times of deleting shaders and the CFG file I've got my P3D running better than ever, I'm so sorry, I'll delete the topic now and thanks for the effort :D

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

I agree your hardware should give you a better experience.

A couple of questions:

1) do you have Nvidia Inspector? It might have settings that were for the previous video card, try deleting any Nvidia profile.

2) have you uninstalled all the previous video drivers and updated Nvidia drivers to the latest version?

3) Can you check your current video card? Check the temps be sure if not throttling back. Check also any software that came with the video card and verify that it is configured for max performance.

Lets start with these suggestions first.

Simbol 

Many thanks for your effort, I've just deleting and CFG and muddled around with HDMI/VGA cables at the back of my PC. Seems like a HDMI cable was slightly out. Many thanks for your effort! :D

Just now, FLY757X said:

Many thanks for your effort, I've just deleting and CFG and muddled around with HDMI/VGA cables at the back of my PC. Seems like a HDMI cable was slightly out. Many thanks for your effort! :D

So it is working fine now?

Simbol

Just now, simbol said:

So it is working fine now?

Simbol

Yes everything is fine now! Sorry for causing this ordeal, Many thanks for putting your time towards me :)

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, FLY757X said:

Sorry mate after a few times of deleting shaders and the CFG file I've got my P3D running better than ever, I'm so sorry,

It’s all good, there’s no shame in asking for help! It is a well documented phenomenon that whenever you ask for help, you immediately figure out the solution:biggrin:

Just like going to Home Depot. Mandatory that when you get back from HD, you quickly realize you forgot something and head back again!

-Braun