Sign in to follow this  
Kawfee Bassie

Download Previous Version?

I want to rollback to the previous 32-bit version. The new version has been nothing but problems, hanging all the time randomly (seems mostly when I hit a button that requires changing the map view - not the weather). Now, after doing a full uninstall, the latest 2.4.0.3 release on the website installer won't even run. Trying to run the installer just hangs. Can I get a download link to download the previous version?

It has been a bit painful in this switch to 64bit.  If you have the resources to run I would recommend holding on.  The problem has been weather especially if the Pilot2atc setting of SIM is used with Xenviro.

I have been testing 2403r3 which seems to fix the issue with SIM + Xenviro and some automatic recovery to use NOAA when sim is impossible like no METAR.rwx.

Are you trying the Full download or the update?  The full installer has been known to have problems since it downgrades the navigation data and quite frankly the installer was bad on occassion.  I usually always just use the update download.

There are some serious issues with the last 32bit version.  i believe if you click in the destination airport in the flightplan and then click INFO button.  Then pilot2atc will word not allowed out.

If using Xenviro or X plane weather then setting Pilot2atc to use NOAA will certainly help a lot until the version that fixes the SIM weather source.

There is also a new issue that I think may only occur in Canada with frequency 121.70. This is a valid ground frequency at some airports in Canada. However, pilot2atc doesn't think it is valid and causes some frequency issues if using co-pilot.

If you send me a private message I could send you an update version.  I have everything back to 2213

I fully uninstalled, downloaded the latest and then tried to reinstall. I am not sure why the installer was having such a problem. I rebooted my computer, and it still seemed to fail to start. Suddenly about 10 mins later the install screen showed up and I proceeded to do a fresh install. I then updated the Navigraph to the latest AIRAC and then gave it a try. The freezing and hanging does not seem to be fixed and the latest version does seem to stable now. I use SkyMaxx with the NOAA plugin, so I always keep my weather on NOAA right now anyway.

Thanks for the tips, and the offer for a prior download. This was a frustrating update.

Glad to hear you finally have success.  I have got caught with lengthy installs because of a hidden windows security prompt.  I thought the installer wasn't working and then I find the prompt.  The version you have is sensitive to weather.  It is recommended you keep Pilot2ATC weather configuration set to NOAA at present.  As I have said in previous post there can be a lengthy connect with sim issue even with NOAA.  I found just click the connect button again and all is well.

There is a new version that will address these issues that will be out soon.

Happy flying.

I'm currently in trial phase on 2.4.0.3 x64. I find it very good when it works, but sometimes it becomes very unstable.

Sometimes, even though it seems connected to the SIM, nothing happens. When I disconnect/reconnect to the SIM it works again.

Two times I have experienced it looses the final part (STAR/APP) of the flight plan and then there is no way back.  And some times it seems to be very slow. I use NOAA weather and have a fine Internet connection. 

I'm still in the evaluation phase, but can someone tell me, if this unstable experience is related to the x64-version? Do I just have to be patient?  

EDIT: Now I discovered 2.4.0.4 - I'll try this one the next couple of days

Upgrading to 2.4.0.4 will certainly help many of the problems being experienced.