Sign in to follow this  
por930

Install of Learjet 35A into P3Dv4

I have just purchased the Learjet 35A, and wondering how to install it as instructions are very basic to say the least.

I do not have the GTN 750 as yet, so will be installing the stock aircraft. When I get the GTN 750, I need to uninstall and re-install using the GTN 750 options

When I start the install process it asks how many GTN 750 I want?? In my case, none, but there is no option for this?

Any help would be appreciated

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

44 minutes ago, por930 said:

When I start the install process it asks how many GTN 750 I want?? In my case, none, but there is no option for this?

Any help would be appreciated

Hi Geoff, just go for the P3D4 with one gtn750.

when its installed there will be an option to select either a GNS or a GTN version,

bob

14 minutes ago, onebob said:

Hi Geoff, just go for the P3D4 with one gtn750.

when its installed there will be an option to select either a GNS or a GTN version,

bob

Thanks Bob, that was the solution to the install, though it did not ask about the GNS or GTN..So, maybe the it is smart enough to not find the GTN in the Registry, so the GNS was supplied. 

Anyway..let us go and explore... 

Geoff Bryce

It always installs the GNS variants in addition to the variants with single or dual GTN750. So you only need to reinstall when switching between single or dual GTN750, but you can always select the GNS variants in the simulator.

That's great, have fun.

Unlike Carenado/Alabeo whereby you run an exe file to change from a GNS gps tp a GTN gps , FlysimSimWare just install both options into the 'Vehicle' selection menue.

Have just reinstall the L35 to check it out as I've running the MU2b-60.

I see ThomasAH  responded , He types a little quicker than me, Ha Ha

bob

Thanks Bob and Thomas.

What does it mean Dual GTN 750 or single GTN 750? can you fit two navigation devise. Also, do you use the GTN 650 for anything as this comes with the GTN package?

I am trying to get to grips with the whole bizjet thing. I have been heavy metal from the beginning, and their system are very well catered for with say PMDG and FSL. Moving into the bizjet world has been a revelation...sort of back to the start having to "build" an airplane from parts.

It seems a minefield when looking at which aircraft works with what, if any GTN 750/650, with what if any Navigraph pack. My impression is the Carenado phenom 300 which appears to need the GTN750, which  means no Navigraph for the foreseeable future, but a pretty good aircraft. Or the Carenado H25B H850XP, which again, may or may not work well enough without the GTN 750 and works with the Navigraph, if the GTN not used. I will post on a more appropriate forum with the questions, as not correct to hypothesize on the Flysimware forum. 

Anyway, while I am working what goes with what option, I will use the Lear35A, and see how I get used to small jets. Be interesting for EGLC. 

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

35 minutes ago, por930 said:

Thanks Bob and Thomas.    

Hi Geoff,

Yeah - the dual GTN750 is just that - two of the same mounted in the panel... I prefer the single GTN750 plus the REX Wx Advantage Radar.. The nice thing about Flysimware is they model both in full 3D... When flying Corporate or GA - sometimes it's nice to have two GPS units so each can display different information at the same time - as the screens are somewhat limited and usually smaller than you get in true transport category aircraft...

The plane was modeled before F1 combined both the GTN650 and GTN750 into the same package - so they probably used two 750's due to the exorbitant price to buy both (which I did purchase)... Personally - I wish they had the GTN750 + GTN650 + Wx Radar option...

I have several Carenado bizjets but this is the one I fly... Everything was done right on this aircraft - and it's quite the chore to fly well because things happen so fast... It gives me some satisfaction when I can pull it off... Obviously - you're missing your right seater so your work load is doubled... I use Voice Attack ($10.00 voice control program) to press buttons and run macros - handling many of the functions a copilot is tasked with - makes it far more manageable... Best $10.00 I've ever spent on Flight Sim...

Eaglesoft is probably the PMDG of the Corporate Aviation world - they haven't released a new aircraft in many years but they have several aircraft in progress that really should be out sometime soon - which includes more modern FMC's and glass panels - if that's your thing...

Personally - this is my favorite bizjet of all time as she's just a hoot to fly...

Regards,
Scott  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott, Thanks for the reply. OK, I understand now about the two screens, one doing one task and the other doing a second task, and I guess, if you have the space then two 750's better than 1 x 750 and the smaller 650. The radar was my next query to sort out. It looks like I may have to buy the Rex or? radar. I use both Rex and ASN weather.

I am trying to sort out what glass biz jet, and did look at the Phenom 300 and Hawker as two future contenders. The Eaglesoft looks great, and it gave me the impression as the PMDG of the biz jet world, but as I am limited now to P3Dv4, I may have a considerable time to wait for it. Hence why the Lear, which from all reports appears great value, and pretty close real. The current special 50% reduced price clinched the decision.

I must say the Lear is a very tame girl. I have been doing visual circuits for the last hour and she seems to have no vices...yet. Bit of nose down trim needed when under power. Need to get up to 20,000 and try some stalls with and without flaps and see how this goes. Be better I suppose if I lashed out and got the GTN 750, as the G530 is pretty limited when compared with the GTN.

My P3dv4 airport hanger is growing.

Regards

Geoff

Geoff Bryce

Hi,

Sorry to relaunch an old topic but I don't understand how to get the GTN 750. For the moment I already have the complete F1 GTN installed since the first day.

I installed the latest version of the Lear but after loading P3Dv4.5, I have no Lear with the GTN equipment.

In the Lear folder I see that there are the following folders "panel.RDR.GTN" and "panel.RDR.GNS". Is there a manual change to be made in the panel.cfg?

Please can I have a precise way to proceed step by step from beginning to end...

Btw I didn't find anything in the manual about the process...!

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Edited by DrumsArt

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Sorry to relaunch an old topic but I don't understand how to get the GTN 750. For the moment I already have the complete F1 GTN installed since the first day.

I installed the latest version of the Lear but after loading P3Dv4.5, I have no Lear with the GTN equipment.

In the Lear folder I see that there are the following folders "panel.RDR.GTN" and "panel.RDR.GNS". Is there a manual change to be made in the panel.cfg?

Please can I have a precise way to proceed step by step from beginning to end...

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Don't have the lear installed at the moment, but the lastest version ( I think) uses a tool located on your desktop, ) similar to the f50, the management tool is in the FSW info folder

bob 

ps just installed the Lear, yes it does install a folder to your desktop … Flysimare Lear 35A.. with the F1/ Reality GTN 750 /GNS gauges.

Edited by onebob
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Hi,

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

You need to install the latest version 4.1A of the Lear 35A.  Then in the Folder labeled FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO, you will see a MANAGEMENT TOOL.exe.  The instructions are also in this same folder.   Running that will auto install your desired panel config into the Lear.

• Upvote 1

WAT1460.png

14 minutes ago, vcarlo said:

Then in the Folder labeled FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO, you will see a MANAGEMENT TOOL.exe. 

BTW, the FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO folder should be on your desktop.

Al

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, onebob said:

Don't have the lear installed at the moment, but the lastest version ( I think) uses a tool located on your desktop, ) similar to the f50, the management tool is in the FSW info folder

bob 

ps just installed the Lear, yes it does install a folder to your desktop … Flysimare Lear 35A.. with the F1/ Reality GTN 750 /GNS gauges.

4 hours ago, vcarlo said:

You need to install the latest version 4.1A of the Lear 35A.  Then in the Folder labeled FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO, you will see a MANAGEMENT TOOL.exe.  The instructions are also in this same folder.   Running that will auto install your desired panel config into the Lear.

4 hours ago, ark said:

BTW, the FLYSIMWARE LEAR35A INFO folder should be on your desktop.

Al

Omg! I had a feeling that something was missing in the process...

Thank you very much everybody for finding the "missing link"...

I have so many programs, files, folders shortcuts on my two screens that I didn't even notice it.:rolleyes::laugh:

Thanks again!

Richard

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|