Sign in to follow this  
Wennerholm

Advanced Fighter Jet

Given they are developed at the cost of billions to the taxpayer, I think it's very reasonable that the manufacturers of the latest military aircraft should hand over their technical specifications and manuals for the development of hi-fidelity simulator models.  

I look forward to buying the PMDG Sukhoi Su57.  If there's any difficulty, I'm sure somebody at Lockheed Martin can help out with any difficult issues given their experience with the F22 and F35. 

No wait...  that's not going to happen is it?

• Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

21 minutes ago, ailchim said:

I look forward to buying the PMDG Sukhoi Su57

:laugh:

I would not pay $30 for a fighter jet addon for any sim no matter how good it was.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

37 minutes ago, rjfry said:

I would not pay $30 for a fighter jet addon for any sim no matter how good it was.

I would, but it certainly wouldn’t be for Prepar3D. Maybe for DCS, but not P3D.

1 hour ago, rjfry said:

Which is why you're not likely to see many new high fidelity fighter jet add-ons developed for P3D going forward.  A developer can't come close to even making a subsistence living by western standards doing military these days.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

I would not pay $30 for an F-35 add-on for any sim no matter how good it was.:tongue:

I agree with ailchim - no defence contractor or government would allow data to be given out willy nilly to give us a hi-fi simulator model just for our entertainment.

PMDG would probably be able to produce an extremely accurate VISUAL model, as would some other developers, but the rest would probably be guesswork, unless perhaps the fighter was obsolete (no longer in service anywhere). If somehow, a sim model of a current 5th gen fighter "flew the numbers", I would guess (hope) that questions would be asked by the authorities..

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Dino Cattaneo, the author of the F-35 that is included with P3d, also has a payware version which is supposedly an excellent simulation of the real life aircraft. It is Tacpack-enabled so it has working weapon systems.

On 2017-12-28 at 0:15 AM, Milton Waddams said:

Profit is indeed a good thing, it keeps businesses afloat after all, but weren’t you just accusing VRS of making the superbug for one version just as a cash grab?

Not accusing. I just hope they working for both profit and for us, simmer. If they just want to make money and do not care about customers they have no future. I believe they practice a smart business profile. I like VRS product. Do not misunderstand me.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Dino Cattaneo, the author of the F-35 that is included with P3d, also has a payware version which is supposedly an excellent simulation of the real life aircraft. It is Tacpack-enabled so it has working weapon systems.

Hi, Jay! Thank´s for you info!

On 12/27/2017 at 4:50 PM, Wenholt said:

What aircraft do you want PMDG to create?

Personally, I'd like to see the 737NG with split scimitar winglets, the 737MAX, the 747-8, 757 series, 777-200ER, and 787. Is any of that going to happen? We already know one of them is. The rest, I don't know.

• Upvote 1

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.