Sign in to follow this  
vitojethro

Flight plan bug (v2.4.0.3r2 x64)

I think there may be a bug in the latest version (gasps!). If you are connected XP11 (Windows 10) then P2ATC will not launch the add SID or STAR window nor will it generate a plan when you click File. The SID/STAR windows pop and disappear immediately. Disconnecting it from XP11 temporarily while adding a SID/STAR fixes these. Windows Defender exclusions make no difference.

To get the "File" to work, I have to disconnect, click Auto Plan, reconnect then File it. In my previous version v2.4.0.1 I could File while connected and did not need to Auto Plan for the automatic planning to work (rightly or wrongly).

Also the spinning circle appears if you click add SID, and does not go away even though nothing is happening. The workaround is to click Add Wpt then cancel the pop up.

Also sneaking a low priority wish list request here; can we have an option to save voice sets so we can load in different sets if flying in another country?

It may not help your issue but weather is the common cause of problems recently.  Ensuring Pilot2ATC Config WX setting is NOAA may help a lot.

I rolled back to v2.4.0.1, all was forgiven. I then upgraded again and set to NOAAI, no joy.

I also get this error each time I update which may be the culprit, at the end of the install:

"Windows installer. This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package"

The full clean install version (v2.4.0.3r2 x64) with 1705 airac does not error on install, and the issues are resolved. Green button on connected. ATIS working, & File autogenerates the plan. Must be the update version at fault.

Well, the update won't replace the Taximaint database.  If you aren't doing this activity then no impact.  If you have a subscription to Navigraph or NavDataPro for airac cycles, then the update won't downgrade your airac cycle otherwise you will have to run the appropriate cycle updating software.

Thanks, last flight went well. The only Issue I had in v2.4.0.3r2 x64 is the '?+' Speech Assistant popup now has empty fields. Not critical as I only use it to reference time to time to check available commands, but I can do that from the Grmr Help which is working.