Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbolt44

Installing RC4 into P3D4?

I was under the impression you could run RC4 along with FSUIPC5 and the latest version of makerwys.  Also, I saw to run Flight 1 Registry fix.  I have Win 10 Home 64 bit and P3d4.  I knew the Flight 1 fix was only for 32 bit, so I found ngn_regfix which included a fix for P3D4.  First, I just tried to install RC4.  Right away it said the Registry would not find FSX.  Of course the RC4 installation identified itself as FSX or FS2004.  I then ran the register fix to P3D4, but with no luck in installing RC4 as it was still looking for FSX.   I have used RC4 and the one before that for many years.  I fly every sim flight with it. I looked at another new ATC program earlier today and after trying that, I really need to get RC4 working.  Any help out there would really be appreciated.  Mike Nicholson.

Mike,

Have you just tried pointing RC4 to the folder containing Prepar3D.EXE? Another user on this forum tried that and said it worked.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I ran the installer again this morning.  When it stopped at the beginning and said to point it to the FS X (there is a space here), I reset it to the Prepar 3D v4 folder where the p3d4 .exe is located.  It went ahead and seems to have been installed although it has stopped and displayed a window where it wants the path to install FSuipc4.exe to.  I already have FSUIPC5 installed. Debating on to just put the path into the modules folder and see if it says there is a newer version.  I tried to delete the version 4 from the installation choices but it wouldn't let me.  I just want to be as careful as possible as I think I'm on the right path and I can get this to work. It would seem the RC installation folder could be changed to allow a choice for RC to go directly to P3D.  P3D is the wave of the future.  The 64 bit is fantastic for the graphics.  Your help is appreciated.  Mike Nicholson

fsuipc has its own installer. use that before installing RC4. be sure to use the version of fsuipc for your p3d version. rc is trying to install the fsuipc that came with the installation files. reinstall fsuipc 5 if necessary.

Well, I at least feel like I have made some progress. I have RC installed and successfully registered my key from JD.  Now for my question (s).

I have FUISPC5 installed.  It's installation file says it was a successful installation.  It has Module folders in each of my PMDG aircraft and other add ons are working the way they are suppose to.  I have RC's main folder entered in the main C drive folder.  When I open the RC main folder, I don't see any thing reflecting it is in contact with FUISPC5.  While installing RC, it got to the end and wanted to install FUISPC4, but I stopped it.  It seemed like in my previous life with FSX that their was something like the FSUIPC4.exe file right in the RC main file.  Also, in one of Pete's forums, he said his DDL.XML files should be copied to the RC main folder.  Any guidance you all can give me is appreciated.

IN the mean time I'm going to Make a few FSUIPC changes and see if I can get the makerwys file installed.

My quest to install a working copy of RC continues.  Today, my 75th birthday, we came home from church, breakfast & Costco, and I disappeared into my study to install makerys with the Addon Organizer mentioned above.  It seemed to work fine.  I have the scenery.cfg file setting in the main P3D folder.  I have a list of 10 various .cvs files, dtd from 2005 through 2007 reflected in C:\\rc4x\script\data\c4.cvs with nine other .csv files.  Also, makerys.exe is in the main P3D v45 folder.

I then decided to go for it and clicked on my RC.exe shortcut.  It opened but I had a RC box immediately on the opening RC page saying "C:\\rc4x\data\c4.csv not found - download from web".  This is a currency CSV dtd: 1/6/2007.  It also displayed Run-time error 424 Object Required.  I did see in the makerys instructions that it contained a number of csv files.  I am under the impression that these were also installed when I added the makerys exe but really do not know,  My .csv files are all pretty old as set forth above.

So, ronzie, if you can again point me in the right direction, I would certainly appreciate it.  Mike Nicholson

Try this:

Run makerwys.exe directly in your p3d folder. Check the date/time stamp of the r5 csv files in the P3D folder. Did they update? If so then copy the r5 csv file to rcv4/data folder as renamed r4.csv. Now run the rc scenery rebuild answering yes to the are you on a network prompt. rc will now use that new r4.csv file to create an a4.csv in that rcv4/data folder. check the time date stamp of a4.csv and r4.csv in your rcv4/data folder to insure they are current. Don't close rc until a minute after the message a4 .csv build finished.

Your shortcut to start rc has two properties windows. The second is called advanced. In each property window be sure run as admin is enabled. Be shure to OK each one so the changed are saved.

Hi Ron,

I ran the makerws.exe file in the P#D folder.  It failed to open with a window reflecting "Failed to make Runways CSV files and Failed to make FStar RC rws file.  Next, a search of the P3D folder did not reflect a r5cvsa file.  However there is a r4.csv file.  This opens into a large file.  File properties reflect it was Created: Dec 30k, 2017; Modified: Jul 30, 2013; Accessed: Dec 30, 2017.

I then tried to at least see about this rc scenery rebuild but did not find it. It appears to me the above set forth r4.csv is the folder you want me to have the rc scenery rebuild.  If it is, or is not, would you clarify my nest step.  I'm just tip toeing through this as I don't want to screw it up.

Again, Thanks Ron, Mike Nicholson

The rc4 rebuild process copies r5.csv created by make runways in your P#D folder to r4/data as r4.csv when you do it all automatically. I don't know why makerwys is creating the fstar file unless it now does all possibilities. If you are not getting the r5.csv file in your p#D folder then you are either not using the current makerwys file or another problem. The r4.csv file in your P#d folder is no longer used. When Radar Contact was upgraded some time ago it required more runway data and makerwys was modified to create r5.csv but radar contact was not recoded to look for r5.csv so in the transfer process during rebuild r5.csv was renamed r4.csv. in rcv4/data.

Please read the descriptions when you download the current makerwys from:
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/
and to insure you are using the correct version.

You should not be running fstar exporter as described on that same page. f5.csv will be created but it is not used by rc.

Ron,  I feel like Ned in the First Reader.  I'm sorry for putting you thru the above exercise.  After reading your last input, I started checking, and discovered that I had used v4.1.2.0 of MakeRwys.  It didn't work and I set RC aside.  A week or so ago, I downloaded v484 when I couldn't find any other ATC program I liked.  So what did I do?  Well, like the Village word not allowed I used the old MakeRws and not the 484 I had downloaded. 

So, I'm assuming I don't need to hit the reset on the organizer since the scenery files did not get installed, or should I?  I figured to go thru P3D and delete anything that did get in from RC.  Then uninstall RC and reinstall it.  I'm just not giving up on this!  Mike Nicholson

Would it be possible to have RC4 installed for FSX and P3Dv4 on the same PC?

23 hours ago, Holdit said:

Would it be possible to have RC4 installed for FSX and P3Dv4 on the same PC?

Copy and paste your RC4 folder and rename it to differentiate between installs. You'll need to have a dummy fsx.exe in the P3Dv4 root folder and obviously rename the desktop shortcut.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

11 minutes ago, Holdit said:

Excellent, thanks Ray.

Bear in mind each install will need its own set of data files. Make sure you have the latest Make Runway exe and paths to scenery.cfg for each install. P3Dv4 gets tricky because of its use of add-on.xml rather than entries in scenery.cfg. You need Lorby’s AddonOrganizer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather