Sign in to follow this  
Garry Wan

I can’t enter any FIX into the Copilot’s FMC

Hellow guys! I am having an issue with the 737 FMC. I can understand that the terrain on copilot side is inhibited for better performance but I don’t know why the FIX doesn’t either work. For example I am in the Copilot’s  CDU FIX page and i am entering the FIX(AB,USA or whatever). As soon as i click on the L1 button,it returns back to the FIX page without any fix. But meanwhile it works normal on the Cap’s CDU.

and besides,I can not type anything into the FMC by using my keyboard although I do click on the scratchpad and it shows up the green edge which means I am suppose to type in with my keyboard. But it just doesn’t work... So I click on the TAB key which usually deactivate the co pilots scratchpad but it doesn’t either work,the green edge still remains

2 hours ago, Garry Wan said:

I can understand that the terrain on copilot side is inhibited for better performance but I don’t know why the FIX doesn’t either work.

This isn't the case. Explain?

2 hours ago, Garry Wan said:

For example I am in the Copilot’s  CDU FIX page and i am entering the FIX(AB,USA or whatever). As soon as i click on the L1 button,it returns back to the FIX page without any fix. But meanwhile it works normal on the Cap’s CDU.

Sounds a lot like a corrupted panel state, or a flightplan file from a site that is creating corrupted data.

Kyle Rodgers

Not sure if this helps but I've found the FMC on that side acts funny unless the FIRST thing you do on that comp is to click MENU then FMC (LSK 1L). Then everything works fine. The left FMC doesn't have this problem.

Do you guys know why my FMC’s letter R is a P? On the route page it suppose to show Runway___ but instead it shows Punway

9 minutes ago, Garry Wan said:

Do you guys know why my FMC’s letter R is a P? On the route page it suppose to show Runway___ but instead it shows Punway

Sounds a LOT like a bad route file.

Are you manually entering stuff, or are you creating a route file from PFPX or some other route site?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers