Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Cleanup Tools

Is there any such tool that will show everything that you have installed and that would be running when you start P3d?  I am looking to clean up my sim and thought there could be a tool that can assist in doing this.  I'd be looking for not only scenery and planes, but really anything that I have running within the sim that could be causing conflicts or just duplicating with other similar programs or applications.  From there, I'd like to remove what I don't want in the sim anymore.  This would be in 4.1.  Is there such a beast?  If not, what do you all recommend for doing some house cleanup?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Hi...

While not specifically a "clean-up" tool - I just started using the SimStarter program a few weeks ago... I was very skeptical at first but it makes managing your sim so much easier... You can have unique profiles setup for whatever you need - every configurable P3D option is available in each profile... It can start and stop all the programs you need again depending on the profile used... 

For a typical IFR flight - I start:

• TrackIR
  • Voice Attack
  • FltPlan Go
  • RC4
  • Ultimate Traffic Live
  • AS4
  • ASCA
  • ChasePlane

Handles it all automatically - while killing programs I don't need like:

• DropBox
  • iCloud

I have unique sessions for VFR flight - High Performance Graphics - High Quality Graphics - stripped down testing profiles with only essentials running...

Really makes managing your sim sessions so much easier... I'm a complete fan now and it's money well spent... Might be worth a look...

Regards,
Scott 

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ok... So nothing at the moment that I can run that will tell me, hey, you have X, and Y running and they are conflicting/competing programs, remove one?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

44 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok... So nothing at the moment that I can run that will tell me, hey, you have X, and Y running and they are conflicting/competing programs, remove one?

No! And i found hard to believe that theres gonna be a tool that does that! The one that John shared could be the one more close to that.

But did you read what Scott wrote? Take a look at SimStarter NG a very powerfull tool that you can use to launch only what you need...as endless options and once you master it is gonna be your best friend!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Thanks guys.. I'll check it out.

A big +1 from me also for SimStarter, especially if you have a lot of payware sceneries and want to reduce the load time of loading them all.