Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

pmdg 747 v3 hdg sel has white line across

Hi everyone-

apologies for the  disturbance on the festive days- but I have a problem with the 747 v3.

The heading sel does not respond anymore-everything has been working fine, yesterday I updated to ezdok 2.7.

Now the hdg sel has a yellow line across it and there is no change of direction on pushing the selector.

Can you please advise how to resolve this.

Many thanks 

Qas

48 minutes ago, rwy12 said:

yesterday I updated to ezdok 2.7.

When troubleshooting, always look for the changes...that's where you'll find the cause of sudden changes in behavior.

Turn off the camera shake feature of EZDok, if you have it turned on. Either way, the issue will not likely be the aircraft.

Kyle Rodgers

2 hours ago, rwy12 said:

Now the hdg sel has a yellow line across it and there is no change of direction on pushing the selector.

Hi, do you have also the EICAS caution message AUTOPILOT displayed?

Because if a failure affects the active mode (HDG), an amber line will be drawn through the annunciation. However, I'm not sure of what could case the failure of the heading mode. I cannot find anything specific related to it in the FCOM.

I experienced several times failures with the LNAV mode in some departures but never with the heading mode.
Or maybe is it related to the update of ezdok as pointed out by Kyle.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I've experienced the same problem, and I think I might have a solution. Check your yoke or mouse: do you have any control inputs? If you do, the autopilot will assume that you want control of that axis, and so it kills that axis of control. Either that, or your autopilot is slowly committing suicide, which might happen if you have failures enabled.