Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Blue Sky Star and FSlabs

Just curious if anyone is using the Blue Sky Star A320 Sound packs in conjunction with the FSlabs320 in p3d 4.1.  I only ask here because there isn't a whole lot of activity in the Blue Sky Forum and when someone mentioned them in the FSlabs forum their thread got deleted.  If you are using them, how do you think they work in place or in conjunction with the default FSlabs sounds?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

53 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Just curious if anyone is using the Blue Sky Star A320 Sound packs in conjunction with the FSlabs320 in p3d 4.1.  I only ask here because there isn't a whole lot of activity in the Blue Sky Forum and when someone mentioned them in the FSlabs forum their thread got deleted.  If you are using them, how do you think they work in place or in conjunction with the default FSlabs sounds?

I have both the new IAE and CFM sounds from BSS and I think they are fantastic....possibly the best sound experience I have had.  The latest (2 month old) update from FSL broke the sounds especially in the CFM.  There are many sound anomalies and I am unsure how it got through testing in that state although to be fair, it could come down to differences in user systems but I have never experienced sound problems like I had with this aircraft.  I have a standard SoundBlaster Z series card so nothing unusual going on.  The A320 was unflyable for me in the current state (sounds issues only) which led me to try the BSS sounds.  I highly recommend them but you can always wait for the next FSL update to see if the sounds were improved.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I haven’t tried their sounds for the FsLabs version, but their sound set for the Aerosoft version was one of my favourites of all time.  Nice to hear the sound set is working with the FSLabs version, I’ll have to pick them up.

The FSLabs soundest is a bit of an odd one for me...in P3dv3 the sounds on the ground and takeoff were top notch, but they had issues in climb, cruise and descent imho (very muted).  They’ve gotten a bit better in those after take-off phases of flight in p3dv4, but to me the aural experience on the ground and in takeoff has suffered compared to p3dv3.  It will be interesting to see how things develop in subsequent service pack/patches.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Having spent 7500 hours flying A320’s i cant see a single reason to change away from the default FS Labs IAE sounds.

However i have never been outside my aeroplane at FL350 to compare so maybe you guys know something i dont..lol.

The IAE flightdeck sounds are simply spot on.

From what the CFM drivers have said the Fslabs are outstanding as well.

I own BSS for my xplane setup when i used to use Jar(pre P3D) and they where nice and loud outside but not quite the flightdeck environment.

Enjoy your BSS sounds but just posting this as right now the best ie realistic soundset for the IAE flightdeck is the Fslabs default sounds from the 4.1 update.

Enjoy.

• Upvote 4

Darren Howie

49 minutes ago, DEHowie said:

Enjoy your BSS sounds but just posting this as right now the best ie realistic soundset for the IAE flightdeck is the Fslabs default sounds from the 4.1 update.

They BBSS only sell the CFM sounds at this time. 

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Having spent 7500 hours flying A320’s i cant see a single reason to change away from the default FS Labs IAE sounds.

However i have never been outside my aeroplane at FL350 to compare so maybe you guys know something i dont..lol.

I own BSS for my xplane setup when i used to use Jar(pre P3D) and they where nice and loud outside but not quite the flightdeck environment.

Enjoy.

There you go. :)

Plus, CFM sounds (wich come from the real thing (flightdeck and exterior in very high quality), not YT videos) have been fixed and improved for the next update. Save your money and learn to appreciate real A320 flight deck ambiance.

Cheers guys.

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I can understand why some addons could benefit from a new soundset.

But to be honest, I can't for the life of me figure out, why you would want to change the soundset which comes with the FSLabs A320-X?? As far as I can judge, it's the most amazing and immersive soundset, ever produced for an addon. It's truely a work of art, in my opinion.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Oh feel free to use what ever sounds you like I was posting just to let you know what I think is realistic.

God knows we all love great sounding engines and the BSS sounds do sound great.

It just depends on if you are after realism or cool sounds and I am always happy to have a bit of both!!

Especially JT8D's!!

Darren Howie

7 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Enjoy.

Could you comment on if the loud vibrating sound during decent is not overdone, what could be the cause of this sound from the turbofan in the real aircraft since it is not audible in any other phase of flight as far as the sim goes?

I decided to give it a try because I had a few extra bucks laying around.  However, the installer directs me to install these to my users\name\documents folder.  Is that accurate? I didn't see much in terms of documentation on where I should direct the install.  Thanks!

10 hours ago, Epikk said:

Plus, CFM sounds (wich come from the real thing (flightdeck and exterior in very high quality), not YT videos) have been fixed and improved for the next update.

When one will be waiting further month and month for this update then the answer is...yes :D

Intel i9 12900K, Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z690-A Wifi D4, GSkill 32gb, RTX 4090

Regards Chris Kathi

12 hours ago, DEHowie said:

Enjoy.

I wasn't implying that the FSL sounds are not realistic.  In my case (and many others on the FSLabs forums) there are numerous sound artifacts and anomalies which I think are due to their processing of the sounds. This was not the case in the first V4 version but they somehow broke in the latest update. The problems are much worse with the CFM than with the IAE.  The IAE's may very well be spot on but I could not really enjoy my flights with the sound issues.  I'm happy yours are working perfectly!  

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

36 minutes ago, Severne said:

When one will be waiting further month and month for this update then the answer is...yes :D

Thats the problem with Fslabs, everything is "in the next update"... the problem is that updates comes about once a year... 

It has great potential but unfortunately development is very slow. 

• Upvote 2

Roi Ben

3 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

I decided to give it a try because I had a few extra bucks laying around.  However, the installer directs me to install these to my users\name\documents folder.  Is that accurate? I didn't see much in terms of documentation on where I should direct the install.  Thanks!

There are 2 installers, one should be directed to your default P3D folder and the other one does in fact go to the documents folder.

Eric