Sign in to follow this  
damian03

AI Traffic Interation

HI Dave

How much interaction does Pilot2ATC have with AI traffic?

I have seen that there are plans to implement it?

Damian Doyle

Flight sim's: FSX and X-plane

P2A can react to AI Traffic it that traffic is available via FSUIPC or XPUIPC.  So native traffic from X-Plane, FSX and P3D as well as traffic from most of the Traffic engines for FSX and P3D.

Unfortunately, the Traffic Engines for X-Plane do not publish information about their traffic so we cannot react with it.

On 12/29/2017 at 9:15 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

P2A can react to AI Traffic it that traffic is available via FSUIPC or XPUIPC.  So native traffic from X-Plane, FSX and P3D as well as traffic from most of the Traffic engines for FSX and P3D.

Unfortunately, the Traffic Engines for X-Plane do not publish information about their traffic so we cannot react with it.

Little lost.

So if I turn on Traffic alert it does tell me traffic near by including which direction and altitude. 

I had a near collision during take off after given clearance.  Does clearance not check for nearby traffic? 

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Yes it does.  It should have called out the traffic.  However, with no control over the AI Traffic, it has to rely on the SIM or AI Engine to avoid close calls.

Hi

There is something I don't understand...

Is that possible to listen to atc speaking with AI traffc via pilot2atc, and is that possible to speak via pilot2atc to the AI traffic ?

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

No and No.

P2A does not speak to AI Traffic, it only speaks to you. 

You can increase the emersion factor quite a bit by using the ATC Chatter facility of P2A.  You will hear ATC talking to other traffic, it just won't be the AI Traffic.

Dave

ok

What I do : I turn on traffic AI in p3d,

I downgrade quality voice in p2atc like  here

for me it's the more immersive..

Edited by supersym

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

Hi Dave,

I've intensively tested P2ATC in Prepar3Dv4.2 for the last 10 days and I have to say that I'm very very impressed! A great software so far.
The only thing that holds me from buying yet is the fact that P2ATC isn't be able to control addon's AI. I've bought UTlive some months ago what works perfectly in P3Dv4.

Are there any plans to integrate a cooperation between P2ATC and UTlive in the future to have its AI aircraft also controlled by P2ATC and readbacks in SayIt style? If that would work P2ATC would be a superseller and the one of the best immersions on P3D.

Thanks in advance for your answer :)

Best regards, Bon

Unfortunately, the traffic engines do not have a way for Pilot2ATC to control their aircraft, so there's no way to actually do that.

Hello fellow simmers,

I’ve found a workaround for me that „combines“ Pilot2ATC control for my flight with controlled UTlive AI traffic in Prepar3Dv4.2:

Since UTlive AI traffic „reacts“ on the position of my own airplane regarding gate, taxiway and runway use, the risk of „collisions“ of AI traffic with my own airplane or „overtaking“ is nearly eliminated (sometimes exceptions possible as you know 😉 )

This reaction requires an ATC control of all UTLive AI traffic. As known this cannot be achieved by Pilot2ATC so we need another possibility to control UTlive AI traffic, ideally with SIDs etc. In my case this is Pro-ATC/X.

So I define a flightplan with PFPX and import it into Pilot2ATC. Here I add SID, STAR and flight level, verify the flightplan, export it again and file it. This exported flightplan will be used for my FMC and will also be imported into my Pro-ATC/X software. This software is able to handle the UTlive AI traffic mostly correctly while being aware of my own aircraft’s position.

Since Pilot2ATC, the FMC and Pro-ATC/X are now using the same flightplan, waypoints, routes and frequencies are the same. That means that I can interact with Pilot2ATC to handle my flight while Pro-ATC/X handles all UTlive AI traffic.

I can also choose between listening to Pilot2ATC chatter or AI traffic conversation with Pro-ATC/X. In the second case the only hardware change I’ve made is a physical interrupt to the speaker that plays the AI traffic sounds while I’m sending commands to Pilot2ATC via PTT.

Or you use Pilot2ATC chatter only and mute Pro-ATC/X sounds for AI traffic. As you like. Important is an identical ACARS set for all instances but that should be mandatory.

This combination of both ATC programs works great for me in a networked environment with Pilot2ATC via FSUIPC on the same client as Pro-ATC/X and ASP4 via Simconnect 😊
Additionally I’ll test and report if the Pilot2ATC flightplan in Pro-ATC/X is maybe unnecessary because UTlive AI traffic should be controlled in every case...

Best regards

Bon

On 7/18/2018 at 8:50 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Unfortunately, the traffic engines do not have a way for Pilot2ATC to control their aircraft, so there's no way to actually do that.

Dave - I really think that, if you could inject your own traffic and then control it in the style of VoxATC, then you would have a killer product. VoxATC does this but support for that product appears to have stopped; the VoxATC users would flood across to P2ATC.

I have no idea how complex the implementation would be, but I feel it would provide you with a step up in both functionality and sales. I would pay a premium price for such a combination. I think P2ATC is a good product, but I only use it rarely as it makes me feel as if I am looking into the simulated aviation world rather than being a part of it.

Food for thought?

Steven.

Steven,

That is certainly in the long-range list of what I'd like to do.  However, it is a major task, no matter how you look at it, so don't expect it in the near term.

Dave

• Like 1

Bonanza, you are not alone in that. I would buy Pilot2ATC the minute it supported AI Control but until then I use VoxATC even though its not by any means perfect. The funny thing is that while researching Pilot2ATC online I find so many comments on different forums asking for this very feature so I bet the Pilot2ATC dev would make a lot of money the day it's implemented and we can leave VoxATC behind.  

Edited by mikced76

On 7/21/2018 at 5:52 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

However, it is a major task, no matter how you look at it, so don't expect it in the near term.

For preventing runway incursions on approach, with P3D4 and FSUIPC 5.14 or later (to be released this weekend), there are AI Traffic Freeze and Release controls added. These operate on all the AI aircraft in "Taxi out" mode.

I'm supplying a Lua plug-in example with the release which freezes them when the gear is lowered on approach (or, for fixed gear aircraft, full flaps are engaged), and releases them on touch down.

This is for P3D4 only though.

Obviously, AI aircraft encounters, and talking to the AI traffic is another matter. I remember Radar Contact used to simply do it for ground traffic, or traffic approaching or leaving, in reaction to the changes of state (eg. taxi out to takeoff1 (enter the runway) to takeoff 2 (cleared to go). Of course it did seem odd occasionally because the instructions were heard just after the aircraft moved, not before.

Exchanges with airborne traffic on your same COM frequency were done some otherway I think -- probably just invented to keep up the pretence. Not sure. It was a long time ago when I used RC (changed over to ProATC/X before discovering Pilot2ATC).

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen